+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mourinho vs Shaw

Mourinho vs Shaw

What do we think about this, then? (not us, obviously, so I don't care in that regard but it raises some interesting questions)

Not content with hooking him at half time, he absolutely hung him out to dry in his post-match interview. Sounds like even some of his team-mates aren't too happy with the situation:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...ing-luke-shaw/

I know there have been rumours of him being a poor trainer and being unprofessional over his weight/fitness so maybe this is a manager who feels let down by someone he's given another chance to

..or is it a still-young player still learning his trade who would have been better served by his manager having a word out of the spotlight?

Thoughts...

Dont like Mourinho.Arrogant bully of a man.Always seems to be on Shaws back.If he thinks the kid is the only one not pulling his weight he is wrong.Wont be any of his signings though.
    Press give Mourinho an easy ride as well.The man can do no wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    Dont like Mourinho.Arrogant bully of a man.Always seems to be on Shaws back.If he thinks the kid is the only one not pulling his weight he is wrong.Wont be any of his signings though.
    Press give Mourinho an easy ride as well.The man can do no wrong.
    Sorry but what are you on about?

Maybe im just reading different press but the press i read/listen to all they do is give Mourinho a hard time.

Personally i think blame is on both sides. Shaw is still overweight (for a footballer) 3 quarters into a season is unprofessional and tbh theres no excuse for it he has the money to pay for chefs, doctors, nutritionists etc

But i think Mourinho has been harsh as well. BUT i think *putting my conspiracy hat on* Mourinho has orchestrated these kinds of things all the time. Why? He lost to Sevilla and there is growing rumblings of Pogba and Sanchez being unhappy. I find the timing of this strange as well or dare i say calculated, why didnt he slate his team after the Sevilla game, instead he "praised" them and then days later goes on a 12 minute rant about heritage and THEN after beating Brighton albeit a boring game but no different stylistically to our Man UTD have performed this year he goes on a rant and calls out his players. I think the fact he sent Ashley Young out 30mins into the game and Luke Shaw wasnt playing bad shows you he planned this before. So i think he as he always has, has manipulated the narrative and has created diversions from the rumbles of Pogba and Sanchez and general discontent rising. or maybe im overthinking everything and im bat sh1t crazy lol.

Side note- i think Mourinho is unfairly judged, man cityy granted have been insanely entertaining and dominant but lets not forget that Man City had been preparing for Guardiola years before he arrived look at the signings they made leading up to his appointment (sterling, sane, de bruyne) Guardiola type players. Granted Guardiola has done a great job and has convinced me that he is the best manager on the planet right now but in contrast Man utd were all over the place Van Gaal and Moyes, signing players that dont seem to have any cohesion or philsophy behind the signing, so in mourinho's defence the man utd squad he inherited was no where near the level of man city or even Chelsea. Any other season Mourinho would of won the league this year in my opinion however if he doesn't win the league in the next 2 years then its fair to say he failed. But i think so far he's done a decent job and the signings have been more coherent (big powerful players typical mourinho)
    Full disclosure im a big Jose fan clearly lol.

He’s lost the plot!

I just can’t understand defending a p!ss poor Seville result and criticising a win.

Agree he’s come in after a few managers have had a bit of a go, but the club have backed him with 300M in less than 2 years.

I think next season will be the real test... Chelsea will be improved, Liverpool and Spurs will most likely improve their squads, and Arsenal might have a new manager... if Mourinho has lost the drsssing room already then he’ll be nowhere near second this time next season.

Quote Originally Posted by nufcwelsh93 View Post
    Sorry but what are you on about?

Personally i think blame is on both sides. Shaw is still overweight (for a footballer) 3 quarters into a season is unprofessional and tbh theres no excuse for it he has the money to pay for chefs, doctors, nutritionists etc
    Blame on both sides.If Shaw is all the things Mourinho says he is why does he pick him?Man is a bully end of.Sooner he leaves to go to PSG or wherever the better.
    Why wasnt he criticised for his tactics against Seville.Only ones that criticised him were his own supporters.He gets an easy ride compared to others and that is a fact.

I'd be very surprised if Mourinho's at Man Utd next season.
    It almost looks like the media are doing what they did when he was at Chelsea. They're goading him.

He's not beyond criticism but it appears like there's some knives getting sharpened.
    Even Lineker joined in after the sevilla game, constantly trying to get Scholes, Ferdinand and Gerrard to slag off Mourinho but none took his bait.
    Anyone notice that?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)