+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iFollow - a few questions

iFollow - a few questions

Anyone on here use iFollow? I'm heading overseas again this summer and am thinking about get it for the next season. I just have a few questions about the service (which don't seem to be answered on the official website).

Is it £45 or £110 for the season? I can see both prices quoted on the website.
    What's the quality like? Assuming you have a pretty standard laptop and internet connection, is it possible to watch a game without problems?
    If you miss a game, is it possible to watch a recording of the match or extended highlights without finding out the score, or do they write the score in the link to the highlights?
    Overall, would you recommend it?

It seems like a godsend for those who can't attend games, and after having a season ticket this season I'm not sure I could cope without being able to watch Notts live.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Anyone on here use iFollow? I'm heading overseas again this summer and am thinking about get it for the next season. I just have a few questions about the service (which don't seem to be answered on the official website).

Is it £45 or £110 for the season? I can see both prices quoted on the website.
    What's the quality like? Assuming you have a pretty standard laptop and internet connection, is it possible to watch a game without problems?
    If you miss a game, is it possible to watch a recording of the match or extended highlights without finding out the score, or do they write the score in the link to the highlights?
    Overall, would you recommend it?

It seems like a godsend for those who can't attend games, and after having a season ticket this season I'm not sure I could cope without being able to watch Notts live.

Cheers.
    £110 for moving pics...£45 for audio only
    I am on a very low download speed, via landline and no problems once I figured out how to give the system a "nudge" ie clear your history and cache before logging in, do not have multiple tabs open...even BBC and Mad will slow the pics down here.

When logging in....pics do not start until 5 minutes before KO, so I have Charlie and Stall on audio only for 30 minutes before KO....then switch over to pics by clicking the camera button...you cannot have both playing.

For me, it often takes 2 or 3 attempts for the pics to connect ie spinning red circle then blank screen, wait 30 secs try again etc....only twice have the pics refused to load all season, click the "speak to iFollow" button and they will check the feed and confirm your location.....both times were home games and early on in the season.....Notts were at fault according to iFollow and I missed the 1st half on each occasion.

Full match and highlights are available to watch later in the evening....extended highlights the following day.....it will be difficult to watch these without knowing the score as you have to go in via the "results" page then "match report" which usually have the score plastered across it....put a pair of underpants on your head and make a little peep hole in the crotch....it might work

I love it....but there are two downsides....firstly the ball keeps going off the top of the screen when we hoof it to Shola, at times it takes an age to reappear...have patience or just get another beer

Secondly...CrazyKelsdick will still tell you that you cannot comment on the match, "because you were not actually there in person"....ignore him....everybody else does.

Enjoy

He he
    I love it....but there are two downsides....firstly the ball keeps going off the top of the screen when we hoof it to Shola, at times it takes an age to reappear...have patience or just get another beer
    Good job Stubbie still not playing then the ball wouldn't reappear at all

You can watch the highlights later the same night. and extended highlights the next day for nowt (great in high definition) .

Quote Originally Posted by since41 View Post
    He he
    Good job Stubbie still not playing then the ball wouldn't reappear at all

You can watch the highlights later the same night. and extended highlights the next day for nowt (great in high definition) .
    Correct...though how the hell they found 2 minutes of "highlights" from the away games at Barnet and Swindon is still one of the great unsolved mysteries of the modern era......alongside "did Freddy really eat his hamster, with rice or chips?"...."does the Abdominal Snowman do sit~ups?".....and did General Custer really say "jeez, that is a lot of Indians.....can I still get a refund on my Cuban holiday booking?"

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    £110 for moving pics...£45 for audio only
    I am on a very low download speed, via landline and no problems once I figured out how to give the system a "nudge" ie clear your history and cache before logging in, do not have multiple tabs open...even BBC and Mad will slow the pics down here.

When logging in....pics do not start until 5 minutes before KO, so I have Charlie and Stall on audio only for 30 minutes before KO....then switch over to pics by clicking the camera button...you cannot have both playing.

For me, it often takes 2 or 3 attempts for the pics to connect ie spinning red circle then blank screen, wait 30 secs try again etc....only twice have the pics refused to load all season, click the "speak to iFollow" button and they will check the feed and confirm your location.....both times were home games and early on in the season.....Notts were at fault according to iFollow and I missed the 1st half on each occasion.

Full match and highlights are available to watch later in the evening....extended highlights the following day.....it will be difficult to watch these without knowing the score as you have to go in via the "results" page then "match report" which usually have the score plastered across it....put a pair of underpants on your head and make a little peep hole in the crotch....it might work

Secondly...CrazyKelsdick will still tell you that you cannot comment on the match, "because you were not actually there in person"....ignore him....everybody else does.

Enjoy
    Haha, cheers Tarquin, that's really helpful. Sounds like a decent option! But a shame you can't have commentary and video at the same time. I'll be forced to do my Colin Slater impression instead... "clears his lines, left hand channel, high dropping ball," etc.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Haha, cheers Tarquin, that's really helpful. Sounds like a decent option! But a shame you can't have commentary and video at the same time. I'll be forced to do my Colin Slater impression instead... "clears his lines, left hand channel, high dropping ball," etc.
    Not sure if this would sync up but couldn't you have the pictures on your laptop and the commentary on the phone app simultaneously?

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Not sure if this would sync up but couldn't you have the pictures on your laptop and the commentary on the phone app simultaneously?
    No, because you can only log on once at a time....you get an error warning that "you are only allowed to use one device" presumably to stop you sharing your account details with a third party....if you try getting radio commentary, you will probably find that there is a 2 minute lag time on the pics

Unfortunately after watching the match last Saturday in person instead having the Notts interviews and post match comments I had to endure the reds commentary which I think was pretty poor and during half time the service stops until after half time pretty poor as you are paying for Super Notts and not the dire reds

I think its a brilliant system. I've been living abroad for 20 odd years and have been waiting for something like this to come along. As mentioned above there is no commentary and no graphics. After the first game i asked about the conmentary but apparently this is a club decision and couldn't be changed this season. From April onwards i suggest those of us that are heavy users should begin contacting Notts to get it upgraded. To be honest I'd be more than happy to pay a bit more for the live match plus synched commentary. Currently the crowd noise is a couple of secs behind the pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by spag View Post
    I think its a brilliant system. I've been living abroad for 20 odd years and have been waiting for something like this to come along. As mentioned above there is no commentary and no graphics. After the first game i asked about the conmentary but apparently this is a club decision and couldn't be changed this season. From April onwards i suggest those of us that are heavy users should begin contacting Notts to get it upgraded. To be honest I'd be more than happy to pay a bit more for the live match plus synched commentary. Currently the crowd noise is a couple of secs behind the pictures.
    Well said....absolutely loving this season, my first live pics since being "exiled" to Mexico in 2013.....I also asked about the commentary and was told it was up to Notts to sort it out....come on BigusAlus, you know it makes sense....I will also pay a bit extra

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast