+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fitness

Fitness

Earlier in the season KN confidently said that we would be one of the fittest sides in the division. He said that we would be very strong towards the end of games. Yet, without thinking too hard I can name 4 games where we have dropped points at the end of games, Crawley, Mansfield, Barnet and Accrington. This accounts for 6 points dropped at the end of games, 4 of which are against rivals.
    Fitness is not just about being able to run and run, it is also about how fit players are mentally. Players switching off. Making poor decisions has cost us.
    So my questions are, if we are such a fit side, why are we dropping points? If we are so fit, why are we not going for the kill?
    IMO it’s 1 word. TACTICS.
    Thoughts...?

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Thoughts...?
    I quite like the Lime and Orange, and the Cherry Passion ones

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Earlier in the season KN confidently said that we would be one of the fittest sides in the division. He said that we would be very strong towards the end of games. Yet, without thinking too hard I can name 4 games where we have dropped points at the end of games, Crawley, Mansfield, Barnet and Accrington. This accounts for 6 points dropped at the end of games, 4 of which are against rivals.
    Fitness is not just about being able to run and run, it is also about how fit players are mentally. Players switching off. Making poor decisions has cost us.
    So my questions are, if we are such a fit side, why are we dropping points? If we are so fit, why are we not going for the kill?
    Thoughts...?
    I am not sure its the fitness levels that's the trouble but the tactics like you said.... grab a lead and defend for our lives... works sometimes and doesn't the rest plus it's not nice to watch

We've scored a few late goals too.

I think the two penalties against Exeter and Stags will prove critical come the end up the season. That's 3 points dropped for us, 2 points gained for Exeter and 1 point gained for Mansfield.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    We've scored a few late goals too.

I think the two penalties against Exeter and Stags will prove critical come the end up the season. That's 3 points dropped for us, 2 points gained for Exeter and 1 point gained for Mansfield.
    Not to mention the late comeback against Cambridge!

The man is on another planet the front two have been dead on there feet in the second half of games for most of the season.