+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: iFollow - a few questions

Hi

Haven't posted for ages but this is one where I've a beef.

I have to say that while I do have iFollow (And magpie player before that) I feel a little hard done by.

And let me tell you why.

I live in Belfast that’s why.

I’ll give you a quick rundown of my journey to the Mansfield game to give you an idea what’s involved.

1. Friday 5 am – Get up
    2. Drive to Dublin
    3. 8:30 am – Board the ferry to Holyhead
    4. 12 noon ish – Disembark
    5. Drive to Nottingham
    6. 4:30 pm – Check into hotel
    7. 4:31 pm – Go to the pub

So it’s a rather lengthy journey. And it’s also an expensive one.

Ferry for my the wife and the car - £258
    Hotel for 2 nights (No point coming all that way for one day is there) - £130
    Fuel for car - £60
    Tickets to game - £40 (Wife also a notts fan)
    Total cost of trip (Not counting food and beer) - £488

Now we have flown in the past, and while it cuts the journey time it makes the trip even more expensive. If we fly Ryan air it works out about the same as the Ferry (when you add car hire that is) but it makes for the occasional terrifying landing. The last pilot we had looked about twelve!

So you can only watch the live stream if you’re overseas. I can't but the Irish sea really is a sea. See?

I know it's probably a TV rights thing rather than a sea thing, and i know i haven't really answered the question, but that’s my beef and i really needed to say it. I follow every game and I do really enjoy the commentary and the highlights. But I’d love to be able to watch the games. I’d even pay a heftier sub than those that live across seas that are non-Irish.

On a side note, we ate in a place called Masala Junction and it was the best Indian I’ve ever had!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainBalrog View Post
    Hi

Haven't posted for ages but this is one where I've a beef.

I have to say that while I do have iFollow (And magpie player before that) I feel a little hard done by.

And let me tell you why.

I live in Belfast that’s why.

I’ll give you a quick rundown of my journey to the Mansfield game to give you an idea what’s involved.

1. Friday 5 am – Get up
    2. Drive to Dublin
    3. 8:30 am – Board the ferry to Holyhead
    4. 12 noon ish – Disembark
    5. Drive to Nottingham
    6. 4:30 pm – Check into hotel
    7. 4:31 pm – Go to the pub

So it’s a rather lengthy journey. And it’s also an expensive one.

Ferry for my the wife and the car - £258
    Hotel for 2 nights (No point coming all that way for one day is there) - £130
    Fuel for car - £60
    Tickets to game - £40 (Wife also a notts fan)
    Total cost of trip (Not counting food and beer) - £488

Now we have flown in the past, and while it cuts the journey time it makes the trip even more expensive. If we fly Ryan air it works out about the same as the Ferry (when you add car hire that is) but it makes for the occasional terrifying landing. The last pilot we had looked about twelve!

So you can only watch the live stream if you’re overseas. I can't but the Irish sea really is a sea. See?

I know it's probably a TV rights thing rather than a sea thing, and i know i haven't really answered the question, but that’s my beef and i really needed to say it. I follow every game and I do really enjoy the commentary and the highlights. But I’d love to be able to watch the games. I’d even pay a heftier sub than those that live across seas that are non-Irish.

On a side note, we ate in a place called Masala Junction and it was the best Indian I’ve ever had!
    £488 to watch one game?.......jeepers....I will not be complaining about my iFollow subscription....ever

Fair play to you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12