+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mourinho

Mourinho

Here is a manager who is way past his sell-by date. Thomas Hardy believed that 'character is fate' and Mourinho is living proof of that.
    You can have all the managerial skills in the world but if you constantly behave like a prima donna you will eventually lose your players' respect.
    Look at the way he has treated Luke Shaw. Within weeks of publicly announcing that he was the best defensive full-back, he's deselecting him and subbing him on the field of play.
    Mourinho's bad temper and unpredictability is clearly having a disastrous effect on an under-performing team. What are the chances that he won't be there come August?
    Special One, my a r s e. Give me Guardiola any day.

Ah yes ........ Hardy of 'The mayor of Casterbridge' fame. I got lumbered with this book as it was one my step daughter read at school and on occasion I read the odd passage. A little above my head I seem to remember but the name of Hardy and the title of the book still sticks.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Interesting his petulant behaviour, during his teams mis-firing last seaon, has been forgotten. He is no better than the man across the city.

Whilst it may well be true that Mourinho is a bit of an arse, the fact remains that Luke Shaw isn't good enough and it is true that every time Brighton went down the right, a cross came over. I don't think even Pep could make a good player of him. In fact, I'm not convinced that he has improved Stones that much, just City score so many goals that their defence isn't that important.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Here is a manager who is way past his sell-by date. Thomas Hardy believed that 'character is fate' and Mourinho is living proof of that.
    You can have all the managerial skills in the world but if you constantly behave like a prima donna you will eventually lose your players' respect.
    Look at the way he has treated Luke Shaw. Within weeks of publicly announcing that he was the best defensive full-back, he's deselecting him and subbing him on the field of play.
    Mourinho's bad temper and unpredictability is clearly having a disastrous effect on an under-performing team. What are the chances that he won't be there come August?

Poor Luke Shaw, has a c rap game and the manager criticises him. Pathetic multi millionaire snowflake players. We can’t be upsetting them, they will get the sulks. As for Mouriniho, 2nd in the Prem, semi finals of the FA cup...get rid lol ...

It has nothing to do with Shaw being a "snowflake" he clearly isn't as he has had two very bad injuries and it takes lots of effort to get back to a high standard.

The problem is Mourinho clearly doesn't rate him which is fair enough so why play him ???

Also put yourself in the position of Shaw the team plays badly yet you are the first one to get the blame all the time you aren't going to be impressed, rumours are he doesn't live a good lifestyle but he would be better off leaving just to play regular football.

Mourinho and Pep are both winners they demand high standards at this moment in time you would rather Pep than him spent £400m to play football like a rich WBA !

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Poor Luke Shaw, has a c rap game and the manager criticises him. Pathetic multi millionaire snowflake players. We can’t be upsetting them, they will get the sulks. As for Mouriniho, 2nd in the Prem, semi finals of the FA cup...get rid lol ...
    Should have gone to Specsavers

Quote Originally Posted by theory_extinct View Post
    Interesting his petulant behaviour, during his teams mis-firing last seaon, has been forgotten. He is no better than the man across the city.
    Pep bothers me. Aside from his team doing well, which lets be honest, it should do with the money and players he has available.
    What I don't like it his elitism attitude and how he feels his players should get special treatment etc.
    Id love to see him work his magic with a normal side and reasonable budget etc.

Quote Originally Posted by iamITK View Post
    Pep bothers me. Aside from his team doing well, which lets be honest, it should do with the money and players he has available.
    What I don't like it his elitism attitude and how he feels his players should get special treatment etc.
    Id love to see him work his magic with a normal side and reasonable budget etc.
    Yes I agree he has had loads of money so you'd expect City to be top 2 but what is Mourinho excuse spent pretty much the same and is off the pace.

All top managers moan not just Pep but he did have a point some of his players were getting leg breaking tackles put on them the Cardiff game springs to mind.

Thats an interesting point he would probably struggle for example to get Burnley higher than Dyche but I also think Dyche would struggle to do what Pep is doing at City....just a gut feeling both are good managers at what they do...Dyche probably the most under rated manager in England.

Mourinho never helps himself with his big mouth and bad attitude but his record speaks for itself, he is a very good manager but has the passion left him now? As for the other Idiot across the city... when he threw his strop that he could not fill a bench for a game and there were at least 20 players from the reserves itching for any kind of a chance... I lost all respect for the guy after this

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast