+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Accrington Stanley

Accrington Stanley

I'm hoping they get promoted this season , if we go down ?? It would be great to go again , last time i went a worra littul lad , 7 onnus inna Moggie Tharsand shooitin brake a think Roy Croppas gorrit nar

Av nivva been theear.

Looks a reyt old school place. Wud luvvit.

Chinese TV fans would be ovva mooin if Accrington Stanley-v-Barnsley wo shown live when we go global.

"Jose Morais Red and White Army" ringing rarnd The Wham Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    I'm hoping they get promoted this season , if we go down ?? It would be great to go again , last time i went a worra littul lad , 7 onnus inna Moggie Tharsand shooitin brake a think Roy Croppas gorrit nar
    You went to the old ground roma , Peel Park which closed in 1966 .

They do very well do Stanley on that budget and sandwiched between Burnley and Blackburn , brilliant achievement if they get promoted .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    You went to the old ground roma , Peel Park which closed in 1966 .

They do very well do Stanley on that budget and sandwiched between Burnley and Blackburn , brilliant achievement if they get promoted .
    a dint know that Animal , so it's a brand new grarnd then ? Be a reyt achievement for them , I dunt think they've ivva laiked at that level ev they,
    if it happens ? I ope it's norra neet match , a setdi int summa be great , then up M6 to lake district fo weekend, jobs a gudden

a dint know that Animal , so it's a brand new grarnd then ? Be a reyt achievement for them , I dunt think they've ivva laiked at that level ev they,
    if it happens ? I ope it's norra neet match , a setdi int summa be great , then up M6 to lake district fo weekend, jobs a gudden
    Played there at the Wham Stadium since 1968 roma .

I'm guessing they lost Peel Park when they went bankrupt and then reformed a year or two later .

I often wonder what happened to some of the old grounds we visited regularly in the old 3rd and 4th divisions , Somerton Park at Newport County was a belter , Layer Road at Colchester another , had real character some of those grounds .

Bloody hell , last time a went to Layer rooard wa late 70's early 80s , went wi Outpoorst 7.30 am start , mooist wa still drunk frum neet afoor, Driver gorron , he wa carryin hafe a dozen empty tatey sacks , he sed he knew weer tha worra big Orchard just off A 1 , if we filled em forrim wi pears n apples, he sed Id stop ontway ooham and buy us all a drink , which he did match ended 0-0 great day art wat bit accun rememba,,,

Bloody hell , last time a went to Layer rooard wa late 70's early 80s , went wi Outpoorst 7.30 am start , mooist wa still drunk frum neet afoor, Driver gorron , he wa carryin hafe a dozen empty tatey sacks , he sed he knew weer tha worra big Orchard just off A 1 , if we filled em forrim wi pears n apples, he sed Id stop ontway ooham and buy us all a drink , which he did match ended 0-0 great day art wat bit accun rememba,,,
    Aye I was there for that 0-0 , reds fans feighting with Colchester lads in goalmouth while match were going on , Gary Pierce trying to restore order .

Old Manor Ground at Oxford , must have had 8 different stands , still remember entrance to Away End , Cuckoo Lane turnstiles .

Tell thi summat else n all , area around Stamford Bridge was dodgy in the early 80's not like today with all these million pound plus apartments .

Scrap yards and high rise council tower blocks , bad hoyle back then , shyte missen getting off bus and walking to ground .

I remember going to grounds mentioned sadly all that has finished such is the fabricated way of football, now no character or good piss up with lads.The old days were better than now without a shadow no comparison what so ever and never forgotten they can keep this modern load of sh*t

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    I remember going to grounds mentioned sadly all that has finished such is the fabricated way of football, now no character or good piss up with lads.The old days were better than now without a shadow no comparison what so ever and never forgotten they can keep this modern load of sh*t
    Spot on Dools.

Even nar a visit to Crewe or Rochdale is far mooar enjoyable than a sanitised visit to a soulless bowl located in an empty arta tarn place like Derby or Bolton.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Spot on Dools.

Even nar a visit to Crewe or Rochdale is far mooar enjoyable than a sanitised visit to a soulless bowl located in an empty arta tarn place like Derby or Bolton.
    Derby is one of strangest places I've been to. Railway station is miles from actual town centre.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast