+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Chances of Burnley representing 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 WC Russia 🇷🇺

Chances of Burnley representing 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 WC Russia 🇷🇺

So we all know we are a small club.
    I honestly believe Cork Mee tarkowski Lowton pope and Heaton should be on a plane.
    However we all know the bigger clubs are going to get the slots. Even players who have warmed benches or players left back (in the changing rooms)
    Mee or tarkowski over Cahill every match.

Cork or Henderson

Lowton is an excellent sub bringing great crosses as a bonus sub

An injured Heaton beats Hart hands down (or up)

I don't believe we will see a claret represent England this summer.
    I believe players who have played before for bugger clubs will get the job. Even if they have played less than average for their club this season.
    Sad but true.

The only positions up for grabs are in defence.
    I would pick a partnership (Bruce pallaster style)
    Walker tarkowski Mee rose start
    Trippier stones young as back up

Extra back up Dier....
    What I believe is that Burnley will have 0 minutes in Russia 🇷🇺
    Thoughts?

Au contraire seldom!

Pope will play his way in and I think Maguire and Tarkowski will partner at centre back.

Cork and Heaton could still make the plane.

Sadly I don't think either Lowton or Mee will.

Leave them all out and let them have a good rest so that they are ready to do battle for the Clarets next season.
    If anyone goes let it be Heaton, Pope and Tarkowski because, as likely as not, they would only be squad members.

Isn’t the right time to assess this after the friendlies not before??

...I think a lot of the choice will come down to England's style of play - also a players ability/success in different positions - as say the mentality is plenty of attack.....and Tark was required to play a less defensive game, higher upfield, alone and without his regular support...would he (as keane) be lost to the unfamiliar - or not ? - if so and you were unsure, would you take that risk ?
    Pope is right up there with little competition - so should be on the plane....only thing I can see that could shelve him (other than favoritism) is that it's the biggest stage in the game - and can he handle it - well he was thrown in at the deep end at PL Burnley - and been excellent.......but he took it in stride - so would say he can.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Isn’t the right time to assess this after the friendlies not before??
    No! Pope and Tarkowski will acquit themselves so well they will be shoe-ins! Pictured in training today...

Attachment 8923

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)