+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Championshiip

Think what some forget is that them that were with us last season maybe didn’t have the right partners, management.

I spoke to Purrington other week (didn’t say much, Douglas was there) I told him that I thought he’d be best in championship.
    I hope Warney won’t be silly and push him out

Quote Originally Posted by Archiemiller View Post
    Millertop take your rose tinted glasses off and look carefully at post number 4, that is reality, or very close to it.
    Everyone else took theirs off then?

With correct coaching and work ethic anything is possible.
    Warnock proved that.

Rodak - yes. Will be high end championship keeper.

Emmanual - yes. Once he's not bombing on as much he will be a better defender. 2/3 year away from championship STD.

Mattock - no... Can't defend,. Weak link last season..

Vaulks - no/yes...no in midfield/yes at RB/CB he heads the ball as well as any CB and can pick a 40 yard pass...

Ajayi - yes if he stops the stupid mistakes.. defends well.

Wood - no. Been great for rufc Ready for backroom job..

Ihiekwe - no. Gets caught ball watching.

Cummins - yes. If his heart is in it which I always questions when ex prem league players join lower league teams..

Forde - no. His lack of pace will be evident a league higher. Shame as his crossing is the best we have..

Palmer - yes. Not sure why Burton let him go. Will need better along side to get the best from him..

Taylor - no. Has the pace and workrate, poor touch and poor crossing would make him a squad player at best...

Ball - yes. Good footballer.

Potter - yes. Cool with the ball, should get 1 more season from him... Potter n Palmer?

Towell - NO. Your all wrong about towell. 😋 He would look very AVG in the championship

Purrington - yes. We will need two defending FB and it's his strength.

Newell - no good feet,. No pace, can we blend him with taylor.

Williams - yes. Needs to work on his crossing. Floating crosses in the championship are no good..

Proctor - no idea yet
    Smith - yes as a hold up player though he wouldn't score more than 1/2 dozen goals..

Yates - no. He's not a league one player nemind championship

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Everyone else took theirs off then?
    7/8 posters have up to now millertop al give yer that, but not a foregone conclusion just a very small minority. Hope from the bottom of my heart you are right and im wrong. U.T.F.M.

Rodak - yes
    Emmanual - yes will only get better
    Mattock - no- not done it previous championship campaigns
    Vaulks - yes- a key player
    Ajayi - no too many errors
    Wood - yes as a squad player and lend others his experience
    Ihiekwe -no - 'conference quality' from last season shows too often
    Cummins - no v poor at MK Dons
    Forde - yes as he has improved a lot this season
    Palmer - yes- what we need for championship passing along the ground
    Taylor - yes- one of my favourite players. Energetic and this is infectious, but Warney doesn't seem to favour him
    Ball - yes but not as a regular starter.
    Potter - yes- a certain amount of experience is important
    Towell - yes- but only if we can pay his wages
    Purrington - no- get him off the wage book
    Newell - yes- excellent quality player just needs to produce for 90 mins
    Williams - yes- a key part of our attacking threat
    Proctor - yes - deserves a chance after he has worked so hard in his ACL injury recovery
    Smith - no. Good performance Saturday but a poor opposition. Just not championship quality. Not good enough with his feet, a heavy touch far too often for the championship
    Yates - no. Obviously not good enough.

Rodak - yes, but sadly not with us.

Emmanual - yes, has been immense for the most part, although always has a costly mistake in his pocket.

Mattock - yes. Proven at Wednesday, failed with us but has a good season and some form behind him now.

Vaulks - not sure. Got the technical ability but lacks the pace needed in his position.

Ajayi - yes. Arguably played better for us in the championship than he has in L1. Still prone to the occasional calamitous mistake which we can do without though.

Wood - no. Done better at this level than I thought he would, but now far too slow for championship.

Ihiekwe - maybe. Tons of potential.

Cummins - no. Looks dodgy at this level.

Forde - no. Decent league 1 player on his day. Thats as good as it'll ever get, unfortunately.

Palmer - yes, a future Frecklington in the making.

Taylor - yes. Works tirelessly and we'll need some of that.

Ball - no. Has skill and ability but lacks goals. I don't think he'd cut it in the championship.

Potter - no. Six years ago maybe.

Towell - yes but sadly I doubt it'd be with us.

Purrington - yes. As mentioned already, a natural defender with age on his side.

Newell - yes. Proved it with us before.

Williams - yes. Although I don't see him as a regular first choice type of player.

Proctor - doubt it. Not seen enough of him. Just seems more cut out for lower league football.

Smith - no. Kieffer Moore has struggled to make the step up, and he is a much better all round centre forward than Smith.

Yates - no. Not as a striker anyway. I think he could make a decent attacking midfielder, but doubt we'll see that happen.

Price - no. A mediocre goalkeeper is a mediocre goalkeeper at any level.

Players apart, Warne and Barker - No

Think they deserve a proper crack at it, IF they can get us there.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Players apart, Warne and Barker - No
    https://youtu.be/3O8J2locx5o

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast