+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Serious money

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    We don't need to spend anywhere near as much if we keep hold of our best players. If we'd done that last year we'd be done just fine right now but we hit the reset button every year and make it impossible for ourselves.

Plus I don't think all the Barnsley rejects we will end up with will cost that much tbh
    spot on

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    We don't need to spend anywhere near as much if we keep hold of our best players. If we'd done that last year we'd be done just fine right now but we hit the reset button every year and make it impossible for ourselves.

Plus I don't think all the Barnsley rejects we will end up with will cost that much tbh
    if we keep hold of our better players lol , slight problem with that is it wont happen when other clubs come in offering to treble their wages , remember wood and taylor lol

Marley fella lad maybe you should sing the time to go song and then make like the ending lol fella #redtillyoudie

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Marley fella lad maybe you should sing the time to go song and then make like the ending lol fella #redtillyoudie
    poor lad been on sauce lol , keep typing away fella , the season ends in may lol

Quote Originally Posted by Marley past ghosts View Post
    poor lad been on sauce lol , keep typing away fella , the season ends in may lol
    not me fella me lad LOL #Marlol

disappear you mug . lol

Blimey. It's like the United Nations when Marley speaks. Statesmanlike.

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    It seems we all agree that money needs to be spent on this team, but how much? It appears we need roughly 4 to 5 quality signings at least, how much money is deemed to be a quality signing....6, 7, 8 million? If so that could be 40 million, then there would be the higher wages of a "quality" signing, have we even got 40 million to spend plus wages, even if we sold off the fringe and dross players we certainly couldn't recoup much?...I hope radz has an idea for I sure as hell don't!
    I would say its not about how much we spend, more about how we spend what we have. There are always quality players out there, its just making sure we find the rights ones for the right cost that are going to enhance our squad in the way needed.

Our current plight doesn't reflect my view that I think the squad overall is stronger than last year but our 1st choice 11 is inferior. If we had kept Green/ replaced him properly or blooded BPF earlier? If we had somehow resigned Bartley or a real CB, replaced Taylor properly, kept Woods or replaced him properly, I think we would be in the top 2 or very close with TC still at the helm with the transfers we brought in. It's all if's and but's though.

For me Radz is investing a lot in many areas around the club, the one thing that all these plans and strategies need is time. Saying after a couple of wins earlier doors that top 6 was a minimum requirement, then sacking TC, just seems to give out the opposite message that he is looking for quick success using long term strategies.

Its clear to me that we dont have the resources to buy success, therefore if we are going to grow our own success, then time is a key element.

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    I would say its not about how much we spend, more about how we spend what we have. There are always quality players out there, its just making sure we find the rights ones for the right cost that are going to enhance our squad in the way needed.

Our current plight doesn't reflect my view that I think the squad overall is stronger than last year but our 1st choice 11 is inferior. If we had kept Green/ replaced him properly or blooded BPF earlier? If we had somehow resigned Bartley or a real CB, replaced Taylor properly, kept Woods or replaced him properly, I think we would be in the top 2 or very close with TC still at the helm with the transfers we brought in. It's all if's and but's though.

For me Radz is investing a lot in many areas around the club, the one thing that all these plans and strategies need is time. Saying after a couple of wins earlier doors that top 6 was a minimum requirement, then sacking TC, just seems to give out the opposite message that he is looking for quick success using long term strategies.

Its clear to me that we dont have the resources to buy success, therefore if we are going to grow our own success, then time is a key element.

all makes sense to me but ..... get your tin hat before fella me lad @lol #whybelievefacts and others try to take the shine of sensible coruscating points.

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post

you will never grow success if everytime a player comes good they are sold to the highest bidder , there is no long term strategy, he is looking after his own long term interests , rather than the interests of the team and the fans .

changing managers every six to twelve months , is a lot cheaper than buying the necessary quality players required , and the managers recruited, are all from a lower level, not established well known managers , its far easier to pass the blame on to the manager , than to admit sufficient investment as not been put in to the team . its the same old philosophy that as kept leeds out of the premier league for the last four**** years . different owner same old bull**** .
    Last edited by Marley past ghosts; 22-03-2018 at 10:26 PM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)