+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Serious money

Serious money

It seems we all agree that money needs to be spent on this team, but how much? It appears we need roughly 4 to 5 quality signings at least, how much money is deemed to be a quality signing....6, 7, 8 million? If so that could be 40 million, then there would be the higher wages of a "quality" signing, have we even got 40 million to spend plus wages, even if we sold off the fringe and dross players we certainly couldn't recoup much?...I hope radz has an idea for I sure as hell don't!

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    It seems we all agree that money needs to be spent on this team, but how much? It appears we need roughly 4 to 5 quality signings at least, how much money is deemed to be a quality signing....6, 7, 8 million? If so that could be 40 million, then there would be the higher wages of a "quality" signing, have we even got 40 million to spend plus wages, even if we sold off the fringe and dross players we certainly couldn't recoup much?...I hope radz has an idea for I sure as hell don't!
    30 million needs to be spent and thats a conservative estimate , most of this team needs replacing , but there is not a cat in hells chance of it happening , the sooner he sells up the better fella .

I think that's the problem - whilst i think he's a decent guy and probably has quite a lot of money to access either through his own businesses/partners, or through other investors, it remains an 'awful' lot of money that is needed to do even decently well in football now.

So yes - 50 million plus probably is the level, although FFP would have to be negotiated like Leicester did, and seemingly how Wolves are doing in their own way.

Knowing us, we'd get a 20 point deduction just for trying.

In perspective, forshaw who was 5th choice CM at boro cost 4.5million

About 100million on transfers and wages should do it

So basically it's not going to happen any time soon, or hope our youth academy brings dividends....😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

If you add up what we spent on transfers since the summer it is no little sum - add in wages and not far off 25m on transfer fees (if you add in jannsson) and over 30m when you add in wages. You might not like what we bought but spend we surely did.

Google it and look at the list of signings and allocated transfer fees.

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    In perspective, forshaw who was 5th choice CM at boro cost 4.5million

About 100million on transfers and wages should do it
    thats the difference clive , forshaw is considered a good player at leeds , yet he could not get near boro,s first team .

thats why they are in the play off places , and we are four****th clive .

We don't need to spend anywhere near as much if we keep hold of our best players. If we'd done that last year we'd be done just fine right now but we hit the reset button every year and make it impossible for ourselves.

Plus I don't think all the Barnsley rejects we will end up with will cost that much tbh

...... hope our youth academy brings dividends....��������������
    well it will, but probably just for other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    If you add up what we spent on transfers since the summer it is no little sum - add in wages and not far off 25m on transfer fees (if you add in jannsson) and over 30m when you add in wages. You might not like what we bought but spend we surely did.

Google it and look at the list of signings and allocated transfer fees.
    your basically an idiot fella , absolutely clueless . your name hopelesslyoptimistic , does you justice . lol

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)