+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: New manager required ASAP

Not so sure that Shabba is the issue here.

From Sackie, forgetting Mixu and through to Shabba, they all looked to me like they had given up with what was in front of them. I wonder what the gagging clauses so far are preventing us from hearing?

Would we have been better keeping Ray?[/QUOTE]

Absolutely not, we need someone to motivate the players. McKinnon would say the team were superb when they were "bang" average or s hite.
    Laszlo has tried to crack the whip, but the players are not listening to him one bit. He looks a beaten buffoon of a man waffling on the way he does.
    If Laszlo resigns I would offer Ellis to take charge til the end of the season to see what he can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Not so sure that Shabba is the issue here.

From Sackie, forgetting Mixu and through to Shabba, they all looked to me like they had given up with what was in front of them. I wonder what the gagging clauses so far are preventing us from hearing?
    Of course he is the issue.

As has been said he got backed in the jan window and out of the 7 or 8 signed only 1 started tonight, His tactics are shocking, the players are looking like they have just met each other in the pub and thought it would be a good idea to go play a football match.

The management and coaching of the club needs a complete clear out and that includes at youth level. We need a clean slate and start again.

Csaba to blame for Durnan's brainfart and a 25 yard raker? I think not.

The team dominated possession but needed a little more in terms of space for shots.

The team for the 3rd game on the bounce fought back from going behind.

Something that we have not had in our arsenal for years. So Csaba is getting some slow progress out of the players.

It was a 25 yard screamer what won it

Hold the nerve.

Unless someone can tell me who to get in (even in an Ellis till close season situation) that is an absolute no brainer.

Even the ball less commentators on the zone summed it up last night. Stated it wouldn't matter which players were brought in the whole club is a mess and they deteriorate quickly. There is some kind of viral destruction issue at the club that needs rinsed.

I agree wit the OP - we need to get rid of Shabba ASAP.

We don’t want him in charge for rest of season or in charge of rebuild in the summer.

He got in 7 or 8 players. Only Ralston played from the starting XI and three subbies. He has failed to improve the team.

Remember we were top - first place - when Shabba came in. Now we are a million miles behind st Mirren and could go as low as 6th in the championship if results against us on Sat.

Shabba has failed to organise or motivate the players. Matches like the drubbing at Falkirk the players have stopped playing for him with catastrophic consequences.

Yes the modern footballer is a mercenary preening whatever but other managers manage to get players organised and motivated - particularly in this league TBF

Neilson, Hopkin, Houston all good options. Maybe our chances of getting them might be better in summer but if can get one of them now - for me Hopkin best choice and Hosuton next then great.

Laurie did great and praised by everyone for his short time in charge so we have cheap option there to end of season

Shabba fails every test as manager and has lost dressing room and most fans - who are no longer turning up which is worrying - Shabba has to go now

Get Shabba out today ffs. The havering pish experiment has failed massively. Worse now than Sackie, Mixu or Ray. Phuking disaster.

Mac90/Dodds, Mcall or Nielsen. And Laurie Ellis till we sort that out.

Action required immediately , so get on with it United.

So what happens next season when the same old thing happens?

We cant be chopping and changing manager every season when the players are downing tools.

John Hughes , Jim McIntyre or Jim McInally would do for me . Even Hughes till the end of the season as we have nothing to lose now. Doomed under Csaba. Hughes has a hunger that might just get over the line to the playoffs and with a bit of luck maybe more

Good to see you finally catching up with the less blinkered among us Shedka.

You have been told from very early on this is the way it was going - you chose to hide away from it using faint excuses like we were a couple of injuries away from winning the league - absolute nonsense.

A ****e team, a club in disarray and a fan base voting with it's feet. That attendance last night is the future for us. Utterly horrific and only going to go lower unless there is a root and branch change at boardroom level down through management and coaching staff and on to the players. Administration would almost be a welcome chance to get the fans galvanised, clear out the crap, wipe out the debt, arrest the losses and start again.

Of course you managed to get a bit of your bizarre parallel universe in there saying it was the worst home defeat in your lifetime. Unless you were born a few weeks ago of course, which wouldn't surprise me based on your posts.

3-0 at Tanny to Morton and 2-0 at home to Caley (who were really struggling at the time) were far worse results this season alone.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)