+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: New manager required ASAP

Quote Originally Posted by RAM1971 View Post
    What real benefit could we gain by ousting the Shabs at this moment in time? What calibre of manager are we likely to attract as things stand? Are we likely to win the title if we change manager now? Are we likely to win the play offs? How much will it cost us to evacuate Shabs?
    There is nothing to gain by ousting Csaba just now, the whole club needs rejigged from top to bottom, new and bigger money, new faces at the top. Better players etc. Get it done in time for the next transfer window. Bringing in a new manager right now would change nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenshedtastic View Post
    if we were to get rid of CL now my vote would be for Neilson or Hughes or mccall

Neilson- i know hearts fans who hated their style under RN but he got them walking away to the title when hibs and sevco were there. he knows how to get out of the division. would he come back up for us? maybe if we were in prem but doubtful in championship tbh

Hughes- he's been shortlisted twice in recent times. yeah he done poor with raith but surely it might be the chance to give both parties the chance to build a reputation again. plus he did get falkirk promoted so knows how to do it.

McCall- i wanted him when we sacked jackie. think he was interested but with thompson being there he didnt want it. got a decent record and always thought his motherwell teams were pretty decent. similar to RN he might not fancy coming back up here to championship though after being downsouth.

houston is a legend for the cup win but dont think he would come back to the club after the way we treated him tbh. hopkin has done well with livi but strikes me as a jackie mac/hartley type? could be decent for a year or two but then could just plummet and need to go somewhere lower to build rep again.
    I think any of these suggestions would be great improvement.

Wrong to say changing manager changes nothing. Look at performance. A bit of organisation from start and motivation, better selections and it would make massive difference.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Get a real manager? And how are we going to do that when our current record would involve sacking s manager a few months after he took over. No real manager of any standing would take the risk to their reputation. Can those wanting Csaba sacked not see the madness of this?
    I gave an alternative view as well. I can hear the madness that comes out of laszlos mouth. Well actually i dont anymore as i stopped watching the rambling clown ages ago

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Get a real manager? And how are we going to do that when our current record would involve sacking s manager a few months after he took over. No real manager of any standing would take the risk to their reputation. Can those wanting Csaba sacked not see the madness of this?
    McCall was one “real manager” i mentioned but TErry says no real manager would come so whats the point? Also another poster said he wouldnt be managing in near future didnt or dont know why does he have personal issues?

McCall was sacked by Bradford in February. Perhaps unfairly as although they had lost 6 matches he still had them 6th in league one and he got them to play off final season before.

As sacking was not his decision I don’t see any reason why personal reasons or anything else would mean he needs time out of the game

Quote Originally Posted by SmedDUm View Post
    Can't argue with much of that RAM, a lot of good points.
    Can I add a point? Why should we think that our next manager will be any better than the previous four Can we not see a concurrent theme here?
    I'll put my hand up here, my marks out of 10 for my excitement over our last 4 managerial appointments -
    McNamara - 8
    Paatelainen - 10
    McKinnon - 10
    Laszlo - 9
    I was obviously wrong & **** knows how.
    Btw Uncle Peter was about 5/10 so sounds like I got that one a wee bit wrong as well tho I'll stick to my guns with him, not popular.
    You also accused me of being a ST Mirren fan because i thought they would be a major threat to our promotion hopes,are you and the owner mates?.

Csaba has 10 league games, plus the play offs ( if we are lucky enough to make the top 4 ) to save his job.

Failure to gain promotion via the play offs ( which in all probability we will fail ) will result in Csaba losing his job.

I hope to be proved wrong and wish him all the best motivating the players for the final 10 games.

McCall was my first choice before RM and I still think McCall would sort out this mess.

Good luck Csaba - you are going to need it.

Quote Originally Posted by shedboy71 View Post
    I gave an alternative view as well. I can hear the madness that comes out of laszlos mouth. Well actually i dont anymore as i stopped watching the rambling clown ages ago
    That alternative view seems to have happened (sturrock and ellis till end of season) except CL is still here as well which will make things interesting. Martin wants CL out. But we aint cash rich to say the least

if we lose tomorrow -this Hungarian imposter , clueless, imbecile , useless fu*king C**T

better be at the Budapest job centre 0900hrs Monday.

get this sh1te away from the club. he's f**king hopeless.

Only a true f**king C**T would leave a special needs manager in charge before f**cking off to Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    You also accused me of being a ST Mirren fan because i thought they would be a major threat to our promotion hopes,are you and the owner mates?.
    I'm sorry GB but you did appear to have something of a semi about the Buddies at the start of the season.
    Credit to you tho, your semi was right.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)