+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dumbarton

Dumbarton

Some signs of progress tonight.

Ralston looks decent. Willo was on it. Stanton good.

We had some good spells of attacking play sometimes lacking the finish or final cross.

We also had some scary moments at the back like Harry trying to dribble out.

Could have been about 6-2 in the end.

3 points are the main thing and other results were good for us tonight. Need to make sure of another 3 points on Saturday and then second place may come closer into view

Biggest improvement was attitude.

Played some decent footie at times.

Dodgy bits here and there but we could be scored more.

I'm happy with that. Considering the pish we've put up with in recent times.

Positives, a home win, 2 goals scored, no goals conceded, players attitude improved, players taking shots at goal. Still lots to do but I'll take the win.

3 points on the board, much needed, gives us a fighting chance. If the attitude and desire is back that's great to hear.

Maybe Luggy and Mohsni are injecting some balls?

Did seem that way.

Played with a lot more determination than been evident recently but also a lot of freedom going forwards

McDonald actually worked well in centre playing behind and orchestrating attacks.

Players seemed to have a few moves worked out which worked well with the little flick ons or flicks behind to each other on the run.

Dumbarton been tricky away for us before but after tonight hopeful of another 3 points. Really close from 2nd to 5th right now and we need some wins

Quote Originally Posted by ROMA84 View Post
    Positives, a home win, 2 goals scored, no goals conceded, players attitude improved, players taking shots at goal. Still lots to do but I'll take the win.
    Yup, a much needed welcome win, plus the results went our way too. Let’s face it over the last few months if we didn’t have bad luck we’d have had no luck at all. Let’s hope for continued improvement moving forward!

One of the better performances of the season. Some hints of improvement and positivity, however that was Dumbarton we were playing.

First half though McMullan and McDonald worked well together. Good effort. Second half King did well, needs to keep this level up consistently. The big Mosh was again very good, looking like a good signing. And a mention for Sam Stanton for working tirelessly and then getting booted to phuk by that hammer thrower and no even getting a foul fae Clancy the muppet ref. Hope he is ok injury wise, important player for us.

Nearly decided not to go tonight, but in the end i am almost happy that i did go along. Its maybe that my expectation was kinda low, but that was one of the best displays of the season and i hope we can kick on from here.

I have to question some of the decision making on the field at times as the defence made it hard for themselves towards the end, and Willo should have put McMullan in for his second instead of playing his mate in!

Lewis is frustrating as he showed the best and worst in his play in equal measures tonight!
    Ralston has a great future ahead of him and should have scored a couple.
    Durnan made too many mistakes, but also was the one making last ditch challenges.
    Moshni you can tell is class, but i think he got bored as he started making mistakes
    Murdoch is the new Sean Dillon
    Willo when direct was superb, but too many times lost the ball which a better team would have punished.
    Stanton should have scored a couple which would have earned him MotM
    Smith, McDonald, King all at different times were good and looked to be building an understanding along with McMullan, who could have had a hat trick or 2 if better passes were given to him.

To get us through this pile up, subbies need to be brought on, but i dont think it helped us tonight. Fraser did ok when he came on, but the team seemed to be less effective. Really dont know what to think of Slater as i think there may be a player there, but for whatever reason he is not willing to unleash the beast! Mikkelsen at least stayed on his feet but should have been on earlier to give others a rest!

Great to get a win finally, there will be some who will say it was only Dumbarton, and those people are correct to an extent, but actually going to Tannadice and celebrating a couple of goals and 3 points makes a huge difference.

Mohsni is the boy - hope we can get him signed up on a longer term deal, streets ahead of our team ability wise and has kept a lid on the mad ******* stuff.

Conversely, that is a dire attendance - no more than the players, manager and board deserve but still worrying to see so many Arabs choosing not to attend regardless of Tuesday night, cauld, Champions League etc. Need to string a few results together and get those bums back on seats.

I even stayed till the end last night so musta been an improvement

Still no great though, Flood and Murdoch need to go at end of season surely to f uck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)