+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New manager required ASAP

Quote Originally Posted by spikeontheright View Post
    He's going to have the same players on Saturday - what makes you think the outcome will be any different? And when he loses, you reckon he has to go, even though you don't want him sacked just now.

my whole point was im currently on the fence slightly more towards got to go. enjoyed the football before xmas when he first came in but since hasnt done anything to suggest hes the man to take us up.

but at the same time i dont think changing managers every few months benefits anyone.

if we play dunfermline and win convincingly playing similar to before xmas then my mind might be swayed back to keep and let him build but if we put in another shocking performance and get humped then thats when i would want him to go.

I was on the fence prior to Sat and last night

ICT absolutely bossed us that first half, 5-0 would have been a fair reflection at half time, was like a prem side against a league two side, ridiculous, worst I have ever seen us, ever

Last night we were comfortable and easily the better side, they score from their first attack and we disappear for the next 40 odd mins

The players aren't playing for him, and his selections are head scratching

We are Dundee United, there are only five bigger in the land (and 3 more successful in last half century), the above will never be acceptable for this club, nor will being in the second tier, we have a gutless bunch of players that don't have the mentality or character to play for a DUFC with expectations that come with that from the fans (and rightly so)

We need a manager with the character and respect to build a team in his image, who can build a team and then galvanise it and in doing so the fanbase will follow and then it becomes the asset it should be

The three names I mentioned can do that

I despair.
    He can't motivate the players, they look lost, out of position, unsure, no energy levels, disinterested. Yes the players are a disgrace for downing tools and should take blame but it's the managers job to sort that out. The standard of football is breathtakingly bad, can't even do the basics right (but it was fine before God and Jesus got injured)
    He rambles on for 20 minutes to tell us nothing and he looks resigned after every game now.
    But let's give him the summer window and chuck away another promotion attempt next season.

And to think some people thought we would walk the league once he’d been unveiled

My hope is that MM wasn’t just blowing smoke up our arses, and that there is a foreign investor waiting to come in. Hopefully someone who will sit down with the manager, ask him what his plan is going forward, then quickly decide he’s a blabbering fool and punt him very, very quickly. The other option, having Shabba stay on, doesn’t bear thinking about IMO.
    Last edited by ahlltanyirhide; 21-03-2018 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Phukkin hate the fun

He plays players out of position, he doesn't play players he signed himself, he can't get his message over to the players, he can't motivate or even scare the players into performing.

What is it that he does that makes you think he has anything to offer?
    He plays players out of position because they are the most trustworthy (even though aren't very trustworthy at all) to perform.

In 3 games he has made some small progress with the group in terms of not letting conceding the first goal buckle the team.

Falkirk debacle. The players condeded and capitulated.

Queens away they go ahead but the team didn't go on to lose. They came back uncharacteristically and won. First time since last season they've done that Im led to believe.

Ict, go down and keep going to at least get a draw. Again showing at least a modicum of progress in mentality. And players responding to Laszlo's half time changes.

And even against Queen's last night. Concentration issues and behind despite dominating. The team come out after half time and respond to what Laszlo said and did at half time to draw level. A screamer leads to them winning. But it's a screamer. Hard to manage against.

Small progress I know but these can't be ignored when discussing Laszlo. He has at least managed something we haven't seen for too long in getting the players to fight after conceding instead of doing what they did against Falkirk.

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    He plays players out of position because they are the most trustworthy (even though aren't very trustworthy at all) to perform.

In 3 games he has made some small progress with the group in terms of not letting conceding the first goal buckle the team.

Queens away they go ahead but the team didn't go on to lose. They came back uncharacteristically and won. First time since last season they've done that Im led to believe.

Ict, go down and keep going to at least get a draw. Again showing at least a modicum of progress in mentality. And players responding to Laszlo's half time changes.

And even against Queen's last night. Concentration issues and behind despite dominating. The team come out after half time and respond to what Laszlo said and did at half time to draw level. A screamer leads to them winning. But it's a screamer. Hard to manage against.

Small progress I know but these can't be ignored when discussing Laszlo. He has at least managed something we haven't seen for too long in getting the players to fight after conceding instead of doing what they did against Falkirk.
    Do you think that is what he said at the interviews when he went for the job? "Here's what I'll bring to the team Mr Thompson. I'll lose most of the matches but if we go a goal down, I promise the team will have a bit of a fightback."

You're easily pleased if you think that's the best we can expect from our manager.

I agree with Shedka. Heavy sigh but csaba is a clown 🤡 at times. So many things he is doing wrong. Ok we fought back. Reason i think sack csaba is do it now let Ellis and maybe luggy in advisory to end of season and get a real manager. It if that real manager exists now get them in. We aint going up whats the issue? Unless folk think csaba can turn it around next season? I dont think so for just about all the reasons posted here. Hey id sack him if he got us up as if he fluked that id take a brave decision for best future of club. We need a tactical solution now and one that can help us longer term. There is NO risk (other than compensation) in sacking laslo now.

Its also the right thing to do.

Do you think that is what he said at the interviews when he went for the job? "Here's what I'll bring to the team Mr Thompson. I'll lose most of the matches but if we go a goal down, I promise the team will have a bit of a fightback."

You're easily pleased if you think that's the best we can expect from our manager.
    He probably did but knowing ST he only has the intelligence quotient capable of concentration for 15 seconds so he probably thought guy is ****in amazing

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post

We have went behind far too often, we were rubbish last night after half time, until the scrappy first goal we got, but just like after the first goal as soon as they went 3-2 we disappeared again

This was against a very poor Queen's side, without Dobbie

Arab plumber was wrong when he hailed Laszlo as the saviour, he doesn't have it, seriously, it's not going to work, have to change by season end at latest

Get a real manager? And how are we going to do that when our current record would involve sacking s manager a few months after he took over. No real manager of any standing would take the risk to their reputation. Can those wanting Csaba sacked not see the madness of this?

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)