+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: New manager required ASAP

Quote Originally Posted by spikeontheright View Post
    Do you think that is what he said at the interviews when he went for the job? "Here's what I'll bring to the team Mr Thompson. I'll lose most of the matches but if we go a goal down, I promise the team will have a bit of a fightback."

You're easily pleased if you think that's the best we can expect from our manager.
    You're e tire reply is putting words I did not say into my mouth.

He has managed some (as I have stressed) small progress in mentality.

Do you really think that this group of proven ****ehouses can win this league? I didn't think it at the start of the season under Ray and that hasn't changed.

Laszlo has at least made some small progress with the attitude displayed on the park in terms of not doing a Falkirk again.

That's my point.

Not any of these fantasy questions about fantasy interviews. Actually about the football.

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    You're e tire reply is putting words I did not say into my mouth.

He has managed some (as I have stressed) small progress in mentality.

Do you really think that this group of proven ****ehouses can win this league? I didn't think it at the start of the season under Ray and that hasn't changed.

Laszlo has at least made some small progress with the attitude displayed on the park in terms of not doing a Falkirk again.

That's my point.

Not any of these fantasy questions about fantasy interviews. Actually about the football.
    Am I right in saying the success he had at Hearts was with much better players though?

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Am I right in saying the success he had at Hearts was with much better players though?
    Naturally.

For a man who has apparently lost the dressing room he has managed to make changes and get a half time response from the team to not sink after going behind and only lost to a screamer in the 3rd game in 7 days.

I stress it is only small progress but surely I am not the only one that sees this? This squad shown under Ray and already under Laszlo that they are more than willing to chuck in the towel but with Laszlo changes in the last week they haven't after going behind.

These things are fact and not fantasy.

Naturally.

For a man who has apparently lost the dressing room he has managed to make changes and get a half time response from the team to not sink after going behind and only lost to a screamer in the 3rd game in 7 days.

I stress it is only small progress but surely I am not the only one that sees this? This squad shown under Ray and already under Laszlo that they are more than willing to chuck in the towel but with Laszlo changes in the last week they haven't after going behind.

I'm not saying I want him sacked, I just don't know what to think. I do understand why some fans want him out though.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Get a real manager? And how are we going to do that when our current record would involve sacking s manager a few months after he took over. No real manager of any standing would take the risk to their reputation. Can those wanting Csaba sacked not see the madness of this?
    I think you're generally one of the more reasoned and level headed posters on here but I think you're delusional on this one.

CL has somehow managed to take us backwards from a situation we thought couldn't get any worse. Granted he's had bad luck with injuries, but he's also been given plenty of opportunity to bolster the squad, with little evidence of success.

Now, I'm of the opinion that no club has the divine right to win this division or even get promoted from it. However, I think it's justified that the board and support demand that we are competitive for the league title and at the very least in with a strong chance of promotion. Given that we already had the highest budget in the league (by a distance) and also gave him further support to enhance the squad in January, I'd say CL is failing dismally in this respect.

If I were as optimistic as you I might argue that there are signs that he's starting to show signs of progress and the players are buying into what he's trying to do, can you honestly say that's the case?

In his interviews he sounds defeated and he's starting to transfer responsibility onto the players (fair enough). Reminds of the end of Mixu's reign and we all know how that ended...

It's hard to tell from a distance but maybe the players think he's a p rick and that's transferring into performances

Naturally.

It's also fact that we are in relegation form in the Championship, playing dire football and losing to teams with a very simple gameplan based on closing down, energy and desire.
    He isn't constricted to the team passed on by McKinnon, he has signed 9-10 players to build a team, yet it's a tombola team selection.
    With the squad and resources we have compared to others in the division and with some tactical nous we shouldn't normally have to be in a situation where we have to fight back, but we have been behind in the last 6 games.
    Any response is for small periods in games, the squad are vastly underachieving and the fans are staying away.

I don’t think not doing a Falkirk - where we capitulated to a team near the bottom of the league - represents an acceptable standard

It’s something like one win in 7 matches. This is dundee united in the Scottish championship

We are going backwards fast

I don’t want to give up on this season. We still should be at least second in this division. Change needs to happen

If we'd scored the 5th goal y'day as looked likely before their boy came away with a missile we would have turned a 2-0 deficit into a 3-2 win & we'd be looking in the record books. It would have been hailed as the biggest comeback for many years and definitely not the worst home defeat in decades as some are suggesting in totally over-reacting.
    There are very fine margins.
    This forum could have been a bed of roses today.
    Ups & downs, highs & lows, got to ride the waves guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutherland Arab View Post
    It's also fact that we are in relegation form in the Championship, playing dire football and losing to teams with a very simple gameplan based on closing down, energy and desire.
    He isn't constricted to the team passed on by McKinnon, he has signed 9-10 players to build a team, yet it's a tombola team selection.
    With the squad and resources we have compared to others in the division and with some tactical nous we shouldn't normally have to be in a situation where we have to fight back, but we have been behind in the last 6 games.
    Any response is for small periods in games, the squad are vastly underachieving and the fans are staying away.
    These 9-10 we're signed from where?

We are unable to sign quality in January as we have no money.

It's January. Patching things up at best is all you can do unless you've got money to spend.

Judge him on a pre-season.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)