+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: New manager required ASAP

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Get a real manager? And how are we going to do that when our current record would involve sacking s manager a few months after he took over. No real manager of any standing would take the risk to their reputation. Can those wanting Csaba sacked not see the madness of this?

We gave McCall too long but finally correctly sacked him
    We correctly sacked Chisholm after a few months
    We correctly sacked Brewster after a few months
    Then finally chose correctly with Levein

There are good options available

Quote Originally Posted by SmedDUm View Post
    If we'd scored the 5th goal y'day as looked likely before their boy came away with a missile we would have turned a 2-0 deficit into a 3-2 win & we'd be looking in the record books. It would have been hailed as the biggest comeback for many years and definitely not the worst home defeat in decades as some are suggesting in totally over-reacting.
    There are very fine margins.
    This forum could have been a bed of roses today.
    Ups & downs, highs & lows, got to ride the waves guys.

Absolute nonsense, we'd have been happy at 3 pts after putting ourselves in a ridiculous position against a very crap queens side

First half on Saturday and most of last night is not acceptable against the opposition we are playing

And I'm not suggesting anything, I'm telling it straight and making it known that last night was the worst home league defeat since 1960 , this is our third season in the second tier in that time with Queens being the poorest stature of club we have lost to at home in those seasons (poorest team as well), thankfully home defeats have been rare as they should be in this division but its still the worst and obviously worse than any defeat at home while being the top flight, not rocket science

According to some Taylor is the main vehicle behind the signing of Moshni.

So is it at all possible that Laszlo has had the January signings foisted upon him?

After all, he continually states that Fyvie and Fraser are his most important players. Two signed before he arrived.

Doesn't make sense to me that a manager who had allegedly signed 10 wouldn't trumpet them about.
    Last edited by PortugueseFrank; 21-03-2018 at 11:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    So is it at all possible that Laszlo has had the January signings foisted upon him?
    This has been my train of thought for quite a while now. This is maybe why PH left, and why Sackie and Ray looked to loose interest, and why Shabba looks angry during the game!

According to some Taylor is the main vehicle behind the signing of Moshni.

After all, he continually states that Fyvie and Fraser are his most important players. Two signed before he arrived.

Doesn't make sense to me that a manager who had allegedly signed 10 wouldn't trumpet them about.
    There is no doubt in my mind that the January window signings and Moshni were given to the manager as a belated Christmas present by the current regime.The club will continue to be a basket case until the entire board including the chairman and owner are removed.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    There is no doubt in my mind that the January window signings and Moshni were given to the manager as a belated Christmas present by the current regime.The club will continue to be a basket case until the entire board including the chairman and owner are removed.
    The chairman's no sat down yet.
    Anyway, remove them for who?

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Absolute nonsense, we'd have been happy at 3 pts after putting ourselves in a ridiculous position against a very crap queens side

First half on Saturday and most of last night is not acceptable against the opposition we are playing

And I'm not suggesting anything, I'm telling it straight and making it known that last night was the worst home league defeat since 1960 , this is our third season in the second tier in that time with Queens being the poorest stature of club we have lost to at home in those seasons (poorest team as well), thankfully home defeats have been rare as they should be in this division but its still the worst and obviously worse than any defeat at home while being the top flight, not rocket science
    Will you please stop spouting rubbish about that being the worst home defeat for years, since 1960 you're now saying.
    It's the worst home defeat for 8 weeks, since Morton, 2018.
    Chin up Rocket Man.

You're e tire reply is putting words I did not say into my mouth.

He has managed some (as I have stressed) small progress in mentality.

Do you really think that this group of proven ****ehouses can win this league? I didn't think it at the start of the season under Ray and that hasn't changed.

Laszlo has at least made some small progress with the attitude displayed on the park in terms of not doing a Falkirk again.

That's my point.

Not any of these fantasy questions about fantasy interviews. Actually about the football.
    I agree, there is no way he would have said in an interview, "After 3 months in charge, I will achieve a small progress in mentality." Even our useless board wouldn't have given him the job if that was all he had offered. Yet you, his most fervent supporter on here, thinks he should keep his job for this small positive whilst ignoring a string of shocking performances and results, that are actually worse than what was served up under Ray.

Shocking though Laszlo's short tenure has been, this would not be the time to oust him and seek a replacement. Winning the title is a long gone aspiration and securing a play-off spot is seriously under challenge. Player wise, we have what we have. Whilst more could possibly be gotten out of the team, people need to stop thinking we have a team of premiership players hiding their light under a bushel. By and large we have a group of very ordinary players who are unlikely to achieve promotion via the play offs. They are at best Top 6 Championship level, no more than that bar one or two exceptions at most. For this reason I am half of a mind not wanting to qualify for the play offs. We have no money to sign players of the required quality and our habit of signing on hope, has beens, injury prone, out of form, non potential fillers, etc, etc, has bitten us more than a pack of rabid dogs could. Our only hope is to get a decent youth squad going and as that develops then add a few seasoned pros to help their first team development. This isn't going to be done overnight. It will take several seasons.

Shabs may appear to be a huge problem. This I think is masking the real truth. No Shab replacement is going to transform our team of sub-standards (mainly) into Promotion achievers. Either that will or won't happen under Shaba. We need a grass roots approach.
    Last edited by RAM1971; 22-03-2018 at 09:27 AM.

Can't argue with much of that RAM, a lot of good points.
    Can I add a point? Why should we think that our next manager will be any better than the previous four Can we not see a concurrent theme here?
    I'll put my hand up here, my marks out of 10 for my excitement over our last 4 managerial appointments -
    McNamara - 8
    Paatelainen - 10
    McKinnon - 10
    Laszlo - 9
    I was obviously wrong & **** knows how.
    Btw Uncle Peter was about 5/10 so sounds like I got that one a wee bit wrong as well tho I'll stick to my guns with him, not popular.
    Last edited by SmedDUm; 22-03-2018 at 10:16 AM.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)