+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Morais will put Reds through wringer in survival bid

Morais will put Reds through wringer in survival bid

Jose Morais insists his Barnsley side will continue working hard during the international break to turn things around.

The coaching staff have nine days to drill the players ahead of their Good Friday hosting of ex-boss Lee Johnson and his Bristol City side.

Johnson left with the club in the relegation zone during the 2015/16 campaign - before Paul Heckingbottom steered the club back to the Championship via the play-offs.

Morais said: “We have been working hard to improve the confidence in the side on many levels.

“What we will continue to do is improve the quality of the game and then improve the team to be more efficient.

“In front of goal we’ve been very poor and we have to take those chances.

“We’ve seen Oli McBurnie scoring recently, but some players are getting into scoring situations and not scoring.

“We have to work on this matter for them to be more effective.”

Barnsley are appealing for help to find a stolen FA Cup winners’ medal.

The medal in question is Philip Wright Bratley’s, who played a part in the famous 1912 FA Cup side - the only time the club have won the illustrious competition.

It has been passed down as a family heirloom over the years and was stolen from his 82-year-old grandson.

The family are desperate to be reunited with one of their most treasured possessions, which is irreplaceable.

A club statement read: “Barnsley fans and the wider footballing community are asked to come together in search of a 1912 FA Cup winners medal which has been stolen from the 82-year-old grandson of Philip Wright Bratley.

“Philip was part of the famous Barnsley side who won the 1912 FA Cup.

“His medal is a treasured heirloom in the family and they are determined to get it back.”

“Anyone with information about its whereabouts is urged to call South Yorkshire Police on 101, quoting incident number 849 of March 17, 2018.

“Alternatively, should a member of the public wish to contact Barnsley Football Club, please ring 01226 211211 with any information.”

Shunt he a been doing these things from Day One ?

A think its finally dawned on him tharritz not like his previous clubs where he was coach to the best players in the relevant league and he could ev 'em running rarnd a few cones and then sit back with a cigar on match day while the manager and players gorron wi it.

Jose's on top of it nar , I kid you guys not , before xmas coming home from work that's the same words I heard Hecky come out with on an interview I heard on Dearne FM .

Believe .

The contents of my glass must be evaporating , it's less than half full now ,,,

Don`t know about wringer some of the players want putting through a mincer

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Jose's on top of it nar , I kid you guys not , before xmas coming home from work that's the same words I heard Hecky come out with on an interview I heard on Dearne FM .

Believe .
    Yet Hecky gets away with it for 12 months.... same sh!te
    Jose doesn’t
    After 4 weeks

Heckingbottom W6 D10 L15 28 pts from 31 games Points per game 0.903

Morais W1 D2 L4 5pts from 7 games Points per game 0.714 (with addition of McBurnie, Moore, Mills, Knasmuller, Mahoney to squad)

Booath bad.

SB Bullsh1tting Index Heckingbottom 0.76 SBBI's Morais 0.92 SBBI's ( Measured by Bullsh1t words/ phrases per Press Conference)

Morais the greater bullsh1tter.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 21-03-2018 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Yet Hecky gets away with it for 12 months.... same sh!te
    Jose doesn’t
    After 4 weeks
    Exactly , with respect , it seems like Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles ev cobbled this squad together , dunt blame Golden Balls tho , he never wanted these players , aye oreyt Traitor

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    Don`t know about wringer some of the players want putting through a mincer
    Aye there's plenty of offal on show at minute.

Offal performances week after week. Tripe. Tha'd think the wo nowt at steak. Give 'em all the chop. Lily livered.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 22-03-2018 at 07:54 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast