+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clearances

Currently the biggest part of the problem at the club and I cant believe that we will need another clear out. Its too easy to say, yeah get rid of you, you, you, n you, but there should be some reasoning added!
    I would keep……
    Deniz who has not had a chance this season because of the Lewis deal.
    Durnan but we need to find someone to partner him. I understand big mistake last night, but how many times did he prevent a doing in a number of games this season.
    Fyvie whos injury robbed us of our best player.
    Stanton who needs better players around him.
    Fraser still needs to develop but I doubt he thinks he will do that here!
    Mikkelsen should have been here from the start of the season!
    Im not so sure about…..
    Matty Smith has scored but has he gone BBT?
    Keatings injured early season, more than likely made to play through it so has never had the chance to show us his best.
    Allardice and Ballantyne who maybe should have been given a chance rather than shipped out.
    Robson with Fyvie in midfield and a good enough defender inside him was producing some good stuff. Since late December he is not even the shadow of the good player!
    Edje who I think was another playing through injury early season.
    King had quite a good spell, but the support is no longer there and he is now struggling.
    McDonald is a goal scorer. But he is near the end of his career.
    Gillespie grew into the game v Aberdeen but has he had the chance since?
    EJECT, EJECT, EJECT!
    Briels who I think could be the best but should never have been signed in the first place if he has serious hip problems.
    Flood 2 seasons too far and definitely should never have been here this season.
    Quinn who i wanted here has not lived up to the player I thought he was.
    McMullan because of the silly sending off for retaliation and then diving! The cracking shots and goals are forgotten because of the lack of effort at times. A real disappointment!
    Murdoch signed as a midfielder, not good enough as a RB and doesn’t look to be putting in the effort so it has to be see ya!
    Scobbie, when you run away from the ball, you are asking for all the boos that come from the stands!
    Toshney I cant have an opinion on as ive not seen him this season!
    Slater not lived up to his previous form at another Scottish club.
    Emil Lyng, who I thought along with some others was a shining light v Morton, but im less than convinced now and he is injured anyway!

In respect of the other ains you have mentioned Chick;

Big Mik , I quite like him most of the time, has a few obvious issues he needs to work on but would possibly keep him.

Matty Smith, possibly, has shown some improvement.

I have liked what I have seen of Ballantine, don’t know why we punted him out on loan.

Deniz, needs to work on his kicking, what is it wie oor goalies ffs,

No seen enough of Gillespie or Slater.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    It bemuses me why anyone would want to keep Keatings. 🤔
    100% with you there TTT, probably the most disappointing signing, based on expectations v actual performances

we're slipping into the same trap dundee fell into when they went down. rip it up and start again every season isnt going to do alot depending on who you bring in and going by our recruitment in recent years we'll be having this same conversation this time next season. if we can keep some of the "better" players if we can and build from there. some of the signings weve made this season have been decent without being great with abit more support and tactics to suit then we'd get the best out of these players.(like Ellis did) what i dont think we should have done was sign guys who were 2/3 years past it. (mcdonald, scobbie, quinn resigning flood so on)

But we keep ripping it up and signing the same journeymen type pros that are past it.

I could get behind a plan to go with a younger, inexperienced team that might take 2+ years to fully develop. I can’t honestly see the bones of a future squad with the ****e we have left.

Durban, Fyvie and Stanton seems to be about it.

A team that is struggling in the Championship can still be entertaining to watch. I just want to see us have 11 players that look like they give a **** and make me feel some pride in the club.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)