+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Are the dumfries really interested

Quote Originally Posted by donnydonnydukduk View Post
    admin i dont think your underatanding what francis is saying i think hes making the point that unless you are a regular football goer £16 is the price theyd see

if they were planing on going to queens v livi on saturdat they wouldnt turn round and look up the price to go to morton v brechin will they

Don’t think the club have any other option than to increase prices next season either. They’ve been frozen for a while and we can’t continue to lose £100,000 every year

i think some of the people who have stopped coming isnt because they have been stopped smoking its self its the fact that its another thing that people are been banned from doing and another choice being taking away from them

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    Don’t think the club have any other option than to increase prices next season either. They’ve been frozen for a while and we can’t continue to lose £100,000 every year
    i dont know how much that would help we need to finish higher up the table to gain the money

Admin there are a number of factors which contributed to the attendance against St. Mirren and most important of all was the freakishly cold weather. Without a doubt last Saturday was the coldest I have ever been at a football match, and one of the coldest I have ever been anywhere which is quite remarkable since I have completed all my Munro's. The only time I have been colder was on Beinn Dorain near Bridge of Orchy which I climbed from the hotel in crampons and at the summit my tea froze in the cup!

So we must accept that many people stepped out of the house last week and thought to themselves "I'll maybe not bother!"

The other major factor is that Queens can't seem to string two wins together, lose lots of stupid goals and often play unattractive football.

The main problem however is that our core support is literally dying out and they have not been replaced over the last decade.

To counter that we need to encourage youngsters to Palmerston with open arms and I have proposed a potential plan to do just that on this board and to the board of directors, but it was effectively ignored.

Clearly the training sessions with the youngsters and the half time game between Dumfries based kids and the oppositions kids would not in itself stop the rot, - but it would go a long way to stemming the tide of fans literally dying out, and help to bring a healthy following of Dumfries based parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles and friends as well as families from the opposition.

It must be extremely frustrating for the BOD to continually put their hands in their pocket and see no return in their investment, but as Queens fans pass on to the big Palmy in the sky, we need to replace them by offering as many incentives as possible to the next generation.

In this digital age when many joys can be obtained in seconds at the touch of a button, - is it any wonder that kids are turning their noses up at standing in the cold watching 90 minutes of stalemate?

The only way they might be enticed to come is to be able to interact with the players, - be taught the skills of the professionals, have their selfies taken with their favourite players and maybe even sit in the cars of the stars outside the main stand?

The BOD claim that the players are not willing to sacrifice some time with the youngsters, - which I find totally unacceptable, and if that is the case they would be hell bent on killing the game.

My proposal was that during the 40 minute warm up period, a couple of players from each side would spend 5 minutes or so interacting with the youngsters, setting up drills or showing them skills. Not only would that keep the players warm and involved but it would help them towards their own coaching badges. Players would take it in turns to ensure that all got their opportunity to interact with the youngsters and train with their squad.

If a full time professional can't offer that small amount of time to save the game that earns them a living then God help us all.

Its maybe time for everyone in the game to wake up and smell the roses and realise that they have a duty to give something back before its too late?

Of course, this suggestion might not have the desired effect, but if we don't try it we'll never know.

At this time of falling attendances all ideas are welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    The main problem however is that our core support is literally dying out and they have not been replaced over the last decade.
    No pun intended, but someone is benefiting!

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    Dobbie is one more booking off a suspension also Spike
    I only have Dobbie down for only 3 yellow cards
    4\11\17 - Morton
    23\12\17 - St Mirren
    10\3\18 - Dumbarton

Also Lyndon Dykes picked up his 6th yellow card against Dundee Utd so he will now due a suspension and I think that match would be the Falkirk game on the 3rd April as they kick in after 14 days of getting the 6th booking and Jacobs is only 1 yellow away from suspension as he is on 5.

Quote Originally Posted by QOS_MAD_ADMIN View Post
    Queens prices are amongst the most competitive in the league so I doubt if that is an issue. Most of the support share your ambition of a consistent team churning out good performances each week but we are competing in a league with many teams on a superior budget. What is unacceptable is the unfair slagging of players and management.

You will notice the Supporters Liaison Committee don't resort to slagging off Queen's players and management but get behind the team and do their best to improve things in a sensible and responcible manner.

Charging 5 quid a head would be financial suicide and put us on a budget similar to the Cleyholers and you know what that would mean.

I hope you get behind the team on Saturday.

admin you miss the point ,only the regular attendee thinks 16 quid is a good price ,but from a joe public floating fan ,thay see 16 quid as extortionate iv asked so many people in dumfries why thay dont come to watch queens and once i tell them the price the most common response is thay laugh out loud and say (whut 16 quid are you taking the pee mate ,16 quid to watch queens your having a laugh mun) ,thats the usual type of response i get ,but that is but a number of things that keep fans away ,the smoking ban took a good few defo ,and the stewards and police also took a few away from queens .

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    admin you miss the point ,only the regular attendee thinks 16 quid is a good price ,but from a joe public floating fan ,thay see 16 quid as extortionate iv asked so many people in dumfries why thay dont come to watch queens and once i tell them the price the most common response is thay laugh out loud and say (whut 16 quid are you taking the pee mate ,16 quid to watch queens your having a laugh mun) ,thats the usual type of response i get ,but that is but a number of things that keep fans away ,the smoking ban took a good few defo ,and the stewards and police also took a few away from queens .
    Francis, you are the one constantly harping on about increased investment in the club to reach the SPL and now are advocating a reduction in the gate receipts. I believe Queens have one of the lowest entry fees in the Championship and because of reduced income may in fact be forced to up the prices come next season if we are to maintain full time football. It is only the off field activities which is currently keeping us alive just and the income from these is also falling. You cannot have it all ways mate and need to get real.

If you find the time have a look at the prices charged by others in this league and you will fInd with the exception of Brechin our prices are much lower. We can’t do anything about the smoking but harassment by the police and stewards is a tricky one and you will have to convince the chairman on this one. I would like to see however a reduction of admission charges for the unemployed.

The authorities at Palmerston don’t bother anyone unless they really have no other option. You’re talkiig rubbish again

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)