+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are the dumfries really interested

Are the dumfries really interested

The attendance at Queens v Livi on Saturday will reflect if the People of Dumfries and Galloway really want to support a senior football team.

Quote Originally Posted by QOS_MAD_ADMIN View Post
    The attendance at Queens v Livi on Saturday will reflect if the People of Dumfries and Galloway really want to support a senior football team.

admin it really does come down to prices ,apart from our regular support who are all but blinkered into thinking we have good pricing here 5 quid would be too much for a none diehard ,the general public of dumfries that arnt die hard supporters cant justify paying 16 quid plus there travel expenses ,food and drink and whatever else cost when coming to palmy its plain and simple .oh and 8 out of 10 performances are piss poor to watch ,after our win against dundee utd last night we will see the told you so and humble pie brigade emerging ,who get the chance to emerge every 7 or 8 games lol ,what we need is a consistent team churning out good performances week in week out ,will get some back .
    Last edited by Francis_begbie_HFC; 21-03-2018 at 10:39 AM.

Agree that the good performances would bring more back, our tactics are at best boring. Look at the abuse the special one is getting at Man Utd, semi-final of the cup , second in the league but the fans are not happy as they are one of the most boring teams to watch.
    We need excitement not five across the middle .

No the Dumfries public aren’t interested in supporting a full time team.
    Crowd on Saturday will stumble over a thousand.
    Would love to be proved wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    admin it really does come down to prices ,apart from our regular support who are all but blinkered into thinking we have good pricing here 5 quid would be too much for a none diehard ,the general public of dumfries that arnt die hard supporters cant justify paying 16 quid plus there travel expenses ,food and drink and whatever else cost when coming to palmy its plain and simple .oh and 8 out of 10 performances are piss poor to watch ,after our win against dundee utd last night we will see the told you so and humble pie brigade emerging ,who get the chance to emerge every 7 or 8 games lol ,what we need is a consistent team churning out good performances week in week out ,will get some back .
    Queens prices are amongst the most competitive in the league so I doubt if that is an issue. Most of the support share your ambition of a consistent team churning out good performances each week but we are competing in a league with many teams on a superior budget. What is unacceptable is the unfair slagging of players and management.

You will notice the Supporters Liaison Committee don't resort to slagging off Queen's players and management but get behind the team and do their best to improve things in a sensible and responcible manner.

Charging 5 quid a head would be financial suicide and put us on a budget similar to the Cleyholers and you know what that would mean.

I hope you get behind the team on Saturday.
    Last edited by QOS_MAD_ADMIN; 21-03-2018 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lcfc57 View Post
    No the Dumfries public aren’t interested in supporting a full time team.
    Crowd on Saturday will stumble over a thousand.
    Would love to be proved wrong.
    I suspect with regret that you are correct my old friend

It would be great to see more fans back to help with our push for the play offs but sadly can`t see it as the excuses I hear is that we play boring football, the pitch makes for boring hoofball and that we have to many players that certain fans don`t like or even the manager is useless and won`t be back until he goes.

I will be there as usual backing the lads which will hopefully see Dobbie back and that Darren Brownlie is suspended for this match after he picked up his 6th yellow card against Dumbarton on 10th March.

Dobbie is one more booking off a suspension also Spike

The home crowd last weekend wasn’t helped by the bitterly cold weather . I’ll guess we’ll get approx 1,400 this Saturday which includes 150 Livingston fans

Quote Originally Posted by QOS_MAD_ADMIN View Post
    Queens prices are amongst the most competitive in the league so I doubt if that is an issue. Most of the support share your ambition of a consistent team churning out good performances each week but we are competing in a league with many teams on a superior budget. What is unacceptable is the unfair slagging of players and management.

You will notice the Supporters Liaison Committee don't resort to slagging off Queen's players and management but get behind the team and do their best to improve things in a sensible and responcible manner.

Charging 5 quid a head would be financial suicide and put us on a budget similar to the Cleyholers and you know what that would mean.

I hope you get behind the team on Saturday.
    admin i dont think your underatanding what francis is saying i think hes making the point that unless you are a regular football goer £16 is the price theyd see

if they were planing on going to queens v livi on saturdat they wouldnt turn round and look up the price to go to morton v brechin will they

Admin , unfortunately, people of this town are not going to come flocking back to Palmerston on the strength of one very good away win . I can see us barely scraping 1000 on Saturday but would love to be wrong . What can we - the hard core - do ? We can try and talk our club up and maybe persuade some of those many people who have got out of the habit , to come back. I know this will sound ridiculous to non smokers but I know what were staunch QOS fans who have not been back since they couldn't smoke in the ground. Such is the importance - to them - of the habit.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)