+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Are the dumfries really interested

Must be loads of fans like myself that would love a few beers while chatting to like minded folk and of course the club could make a few bob . As said , the actions of these fans nearly 40 years ago has put paid to this . I suppose lifting the ban at only selected grounds will not happen either . It's probably all or nothing and to be honest, the thought of alcohol on sale at an old firm game is scary when they are all mental enough as it is.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 29-03-2018 at 03:55 PM.

It could potentially open a whole can of worms. However, it would be good to see some level of dialogue opened up around the topic.

What we might be witnessing is possibly the dying out (aside from a smaller number of fans these days) of the old wave of football fans with I suppose a cult mentality. Where people used to see their club as their 'religion' and representing them and their town, where there is proper hatred towards teams when they played, albeit for 90 minutes in most cases.

You see kids happy to chop and change between football teams, depending on who is doing well across europe and perhaps the younger generation of fans just dont have that sense of identity with clubs with so much more going on in the world.

As a result of this I have started to see football fans looking more like rugby fans where they are there for the event opposed to the game itself hence why atmospheres are dying despite the efforts of people to keep it going.

Guys, much as having a pint would be a pleasure and I cannot see it being a problem at teams like Queens, - that doesn't resolve the issue of encouraging the next generation of fans to the club.

Reopening the bars is simply a sticking plaster that might entice a few older fans back - which is great of course, - but the essence of the problem at Palmerston is developing our future fan base.

Radical ideas are required and this forum should be coming up with plausible suggestions for the BOD to take forward.

I am still of the opinion that encouraging kids to meet and train with the players before the match and having a team in QOS colours playing the opposition at half time is a goer.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Guys, much as having a pint would be a pleasure and I cannot see it being a problem at teams like Queens, - that doesn't resolve the issue of encouraging the next generation of fans to the club.

Reopening the bars is simply a sticking plaster that might entice a few older fans back - which is great of course, - but the essence of the problem at Palmerston is developing our future fan base.

Radical ideas are required and this forum should be coming up with plausible suggestions for the BOD to take forward.

I am still of the opinion that encouraging kids to meet and train with the players before the match and having a team in QOS colours playing the opposition at half time is a goer.
    I agree completely. Getting the younger ones in amongst the players and on the pitch is a simple and good approach.

Bring back play for your club as well so not only have the (17+) older fans a chance to pull on shirt but kids get the chance to get inspired and see their grandad, dad, their mum, uncle, whoever pull on the shirt. Marketed correctly it would bring the community together. I have no doubt about it! With a 3G pitch we really have no excuse for this.

Design a programme cover competition in local schools. This could be the first of the season, christmas or Easter. What an opportunity to really engage.

Design a dumfries/queens community flag competition to fly on the ground throughout the year. Like the old fair play flag.

Throw some junior blues tops into the crowd every now and then. Maybe during the warm up players can sign autographs and even give a couple back.

Queen of the south annual sports quiz. Plenty of people who follow queens would buy a table and put forward a team for the quiz. I used to do a quiz in edinburgh and you had ex spl players table, rbs table etc. It was fantastic.

I agree. Lets fire some suggestions in. Yes we need to think about cost but that is for the club to consider not us.

Some excellent ideas there , keep them coming

Ones things for sure , if Queens continue not to address the situation then things could only get worse

Are the Dumfries public really interested ?

That’s a good question . Been reading some stuff on Facebook this weekend and you begin to wonder if they do. It would appear that the club can do no right in some supporters eyes. Many using any excuse available not to attend games. Crowds are down because of poor home performances apparently , well I didn’t see Falkirk or even Dunfermline fans turning their backs on their club despite bad starts or underachieving this season

Be careful what you wish for folks

Voting with your feet will have a MAJOR knock on effect to this football club

Quote Originally Posted by scooby_blue View Post
    Are the Dumfries public really interested ?

That’s a good question . Been reading some stuff on Facebook this weekend and you begin to wonder if they do. It would appear that the club can do no right in some supporters eyes. Many using any excuse available not to attend games. Crowds are down because of poor home performances apparently , well I didn’t see Falkirk or even Dunfermline fans turning their backs on their club despite bad starts or underachieving this season

Be careful what you wish for folks

Voting with your feet will have a MAJOR knock on effect to this football club

scooby the fans have sounded out there frustrations to the board players and management through out the season and it was all falling on deaf ears ,no action being taken ,so its came to voting with there feet which seems the only way the board are going to act fast is if thay notice its going to hurt them in the pockets ,it shouldnt need to come to that ,i said it before xmas on here ,naysmith and his tactics and selections cant go on at palmy and it needed sorted way back then as i said the crowds will plummet with him in charge ,and how right i was eh .cant blame the fans that dont want to witness this rubbish ,the people that employ him are to blame ,all blame starts from the top .

Voting with your feet no matter how bad our home form is or how much you don’t rate the current management team will only ever have a negative effect on the football club

Next Saturday is our last home game of the season. It’s also the last chance to see several Queens players in that famous blue jersey again. Instead of making up excuses for NOT going to the game why don’t all you stay away fans come and support YOUR team against a Dundee United side still playing for a playoff place and who’ll no doubt bring a noisy support for their last away game of the season

Quote Originally Posted by scooby_blue View Post
    Voting with your feet no matter how bad our home form is or how much you don’t rate the current management team will only ever have a negative effect on the football club

Next Saturday is our last home game of the season. It’s also the last chance to see several Queens players in that famous blue jersey again. Instead of making up excuses for NOT going to the game why don’t all you stay away fans come and support YOUR team against a Dundee United side still playing for a playoff place and who’ll no doubt bring a noisy support for their last away game of the season
    We have accumulated more points than last season and can’t really see any difference in the performances on the field yet we have lost a couple hundred fans. I don’t know what the answer is but slagging off players and calling for the heads of the Chairman and Board is counter productive. We must remain positive and follow the lead of our marvelous SLO,fan clubs and volunteers.

I agree with Scooby we must turn out and support the team for our final game. I like some have been laid low by the recent hellish weather and have been unable to attend the last two home fixtures.
    Last edited by QOS_MAD_ADMIN; 15-04-2018 at 09:21 AM.

I was looking at wholesale changes at the club after last weekend but I've had a change of heart. Good turn-out of players at Lyle's testimonial dinner at Ibrox last night and Mark Blount attended too.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)