+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are the dumfries really interested

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Are the dumfries really interested

The attendance at Queens v Livi on Saturday will reflect if the People of Dumfries and Galloway really want to support a senior football team.

Quote Originally Posted by QOS_MAD_ADMIN View Post
    The attendance at Queens v Livi on Saturday will reflect if the People of Dumfries and Galloway really want to support a senior football team.

admin it really does come down to prices ,apart from our regular support who are all but blinkered into thinking we have good pricing here 5 quid would be too much for a none diehard ,the general public of dumfries that arnt die hard supporters cant justify paying 16 quid plus there travel expenses ,food and drink and whatever else cost when coming to palmy its plain and simple .oh and 8 out of 10 performances are piss poor to watch ,after our win against dundee utd last night we will see the told you so and humble pie brigade emerging ,who get the chance to emerge every 7 or 8 games lol ,what we need is a consistent team churning out good performances week in week out ,will get some back .
    Last edited by Francis_begbie_HFC; 21-03-2018 at 10:39 AM.

Agree that the good performances would bring more back, our tactics are at best boring. Look at the abuse the special one is getting at Man Utd, semi-final of the cup , second in the league but the fans are not happy as they are one of the most boring teams to watch.
    We need excitement not five across the middle .

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    admin it really does come down to prices ,apart from our regular support who are all but blinkered into thinking we have good pricing here 5 quid would be too much for a none diehard ,the general public of dumfries that arnt die hard supporters cant justify paying 16 quid plus there travel expenses ,food and drink and whatever else cost when coming to palmy its plain and simple .oh and 8 out of 10 performances are piss poor to watch ,after our win against dundee utd last night we will see the told you so and humble pie brigade emerging ,who get the chance to emerge every 7 or 8 games lol ,what we need is a consistent team churning out good performances week in week out ,will get some back .
    Queens prices are amongst the most competitive in the league so I doubt if that is an issue. Most of the support share your ambition of a consistent team churning out good performances each week but we are competing in a league with many teams on a superior budget. What is unacceptable is the unfair slagging of players and management.

You will notice the Supporters Liaison Committee don't resort to slagging off Queen's players and management but get behind the team and do their best to improve things in a sensible and responcible manner.

Charging 5 quid a head would be financial suicide and put us on a budget similar to the Cleyholers and you know what that would mean.

I hope you get behind the team on Saturday.
    Last edited by QOS_MAD_ADMIN; 21-03-2018 at 02:07 PM.

Queens prices are amongst the most competitive in the league so I doubt if that is an issue. Most of the support share your ambition of a consistent team churning out good performances each week but we are competing in a league with many teams on a superior budget. What is unacceptable is the unfair slagging of players and management.

You will notice the Supporters Liaison Committee don't resort to slagging off Queen's players and management but get behind the team and do their best to improve things in a sensible and responcible manner.

Charging 5 quid a head would be financial suicide and put us on a budget similar to the Cleyholers and you know what that would mean.

I hope you get behind the team on Saturday.

admin you miss the point ,only the regular attendee thinks 16 quid is a good price ,but from a joe public floating fan ,thay see 16 quid as extortionate iv asked so many people in dumfries why thay dont come to watch queens and once i tell them the price the most common response is thay laugh out loud and say (whut 16 quid are you taking the pee mate ,16 quid to watch queens your having a laugh mun) ,thats the usual type of response i get ,but that is but a number of things that keep fans away ,the smoking ban took a good few defo ,and the stewards and police also took a few away from queens .

admin you miss the point ,only the regular attendee thinks 16 quid is a good price ,but from a joe public floating fan ,thay see 16 quid as extortionate iv asked so many people in dumfries why thay dont come to watch queens and once i tell them the price the most common response is thay laugh out loud and say (whut 16 quid are you taking the pee mate ,16 quid to watch queens your having a laugh mun) ,thats the usual type of response i get ,but that is but a number of things that keep fans away ,the smoking ban took a good few defo ,and the stewards and police also took a few away from queens .
    Francis, you are the one constantly harping on about increased investment in the club to reach the SPL and now are advocating a reduction in the gate receipts. I believe Queens have one of the lowest entry fees in the Championship and because of reduced income may in fact be forced to up the prices come next season if we are to maintain full time football. It is only the off field activities which is currently keeping us alive just and the income from these is also falling. You cannot have it all ways mate and need to get real.

If you find the time have a look at the prices charged by others in this league and you will fInd with the exception of Brechin our prices are much lower. We can’t do anything about the smoking but harassment by the police and stewards is a tricky one and you will have to convince the chairman on this one. I would like to see however a reduction of admission charges for the unemployed.

If you find the time have a look at the prices charged by others in this league and you will fInd with the exception of Brechin our prices are much lower. We can’t do anything about the smoking but harassment by the police and stewards is a tricky one and you will have to convince the chairman on this one. I would like to see however a reduction of admission charges for the unemployed.

admin there is already a reduction for unemployed ,thay pay 9 quid if thay show proof of unemployment atm ,but its not public knowledge it isnt even stated on programs or any price info that queens put out so none of the unemployed know about it ,unless someone in the know tells them by word of mouth ,even the jobcentre doesnt know anything about it ,maybe be a good idea queens put a poster in the jobcentre stating that it costs 9 quid for unemployed and maybe get some of them through the turnstyles .

The authorities at Palmerston don’t bother anyone unless they really have no other option. You’re talkiig rubbish again

No the Dumfries public aren’t interested in supporting a full time team.
    Crowd on Saturday will stumble over a thousand.
    Would love to be proved wrong.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)