+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting line up v Holland

Arent Leeds hosting one of our pre-world cup friendlies this summer ?.
    I remember when they hosted our 3-3 draw with Sweden in the 'Umbro' cup in 1995, but it does seem odd though when we're not playing at Wembley.

I can't believe people are still watching England playing friendly games..How Phookin boring is that..get a life ya sad chunts

Like Roy at Palace, Gareth is surprising me with England, I've seen many worse performances than that.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    I can't believe people are still watching England playing friendly games..How Phookin boring is that..get a life ya sad chunts
    Ohh come on Alf you morngy git, we're still footy fans and this is a world cup year isnt it, come on lets get behind England.

(btw Alf, Ive also noticed the disappearance of Turfy on here. Hes another one of my Burnsley mates on here so I hope things are ok with him!)

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Better than watching Scotland lose them! We were clutching straws that another Claret would be capped.

Funny how people see Football differently, from pundits to the ordinary bod on the street.

The commentary team were in raptures as England looked solid in defence, which they did because Holland on tonight's performance were very ordinary, no wonder they did not qualify for the World Cup.

Like alf I have not wanted to watch England for a good while, but because Popeye and Tarky was on the bench I gave it a view in the hope they would be called upon, should have known they wouldn't be.

We cant just watch our country though because one or two of our club players might be involved, thats not what being an England fan is all about is it.
    Surely we should support them no matter who plays for them, and despite all the times they have let me down and disgusted me at tournaments... Im still and always will be an England fan as much as I support my club. (and yes that might mean Im a glutton for punishment!)

I admire your loyalty Acido, its not the England team that I gave up on many years ago, but the @rseholes that govern them who care more about money than the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    I admire your loyalty Acido, its not the England team that I gave up on many years ago, but the @rseholes that govern them who care more about money than the team.
    Its a tough one Alto mate, and I cant and wont go against the fans who makes their criticisms of England (and goodness me I want to agree with them at times because they have every right to say what they say etc).
    But while I might be really naive here, they/England are still MY country, and Im a footy fan as well. So England mean as much to me as my club Barnsley.
    So go on then lads, tell me Im a softie for thinking and saying this eh ?.

That's where we differ Acido, I have no argument against you for supporting your Country at all.

I was not a Football fan, just a Burnley and England fan, just a Claret fan now though, used to love my Country in non related Football also, now I'm ashamed of it.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)