+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pablo Talks

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    Reading through a few articles and listening to Hecky's interviews e.g. managing Hernandez's injuries/health, not training etc, it sounds like there is a bit of a stand off over how many matches Hernandez will contribute to in the next season. Sounds like the club are looking towards a pay as yer play deal of some description.
    Hallelujah - at last somebody has used ones bonce ......... like Green previous Pablo secured longer contract AFTER reaching the required NEGOTIATED number of games in initial contract that was offered & accepted after consideration by both parties.

ALAW - MOT

Quote Originally Posted by leedsutdman View Post
    There's one explanation then rather than just jumping on the negatives from the off.
    I was the first poster and i was quite positive i thought.

Looks like even the clappers are turning negative in assuming the non-clappers are always negative.

One day we'll all end up meeting in the middle and agreeing on something.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Occums razor, the most obvious explanation is usually the correct one.

One of our key players, someone who has been praised by just about everyone, who has publicly stated he would like to stay at Leeds, would prefer not to discuss his contract renewal, or.......

Just about any other reason you could imagine, because they would ALL be more credible.
    WTF - you often make very good points, you clearly love the team and want the best for them and the fact you have a different POV to some on here but .... often I read from your posts (as I suspect some others do) that there is an implied assumption that you must be right or sometimes expressly stated as such.

the above being a great example - it may be obvious to you but that does not mean others reach the same conclusion.

I suspect without that actually the debate would be a lot more constructive and I get how hacked off you feel that progresss is not being made quickly and this season feels like a false dawn but everyone is entitled to their own take for better or worse.

if someone has an opinion it’s their opinion and hopefully peeps can respect that without having to always agree.

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    Reading through a few articles and listening to Hecky's interviews e.g. managing Hernandez's injuries/health, not training etc, it sounds like there is a bit of a stand off over how many matches Hernandez will contribute to in the next season. Sounds like the club are looking towards a pay as yer play deal of some description.
    Congratulations Leeds FTW, it appears you are anointed with the title of the only person on this thread to have used their brain for posting.

I thought i had too, but obviously my opinion didn't involve my brain, which means i don't get the credit for thinking as well as you.

I wish i had the brain to be able to agree with the right posters.

It's a microcosm of society, all in one post on a Leeds United thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    Congratulations Leeds FTW, it appears you are anointed with the title of the only person on this thread to have used their brain for posting.

I thought i had too, but obviously my opinion didn't involve my brain, which means i don't get the credit for thinking as well as you.

I wish i had the brain to be able to agree with the right posters.

It's a microcosm of society, all in one post on a Leeds United thread.
    it made sense to me Jez and I think your point was well made for what little that maybe worth

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    it made sense to me Jez and I think your point was well made for what little that maybe worth
    Cheers mate. It was just a little bit of positivity, cos Pablo makes me happy sometimes.

I need to keep trying to write the 'right' things though, so i can be considered clever and acceptable to those in the know.

Hehe I try to tell my kids; think independently and try to plough your own furrow. It maybe the path least travelled but is often by far the most rewarding ;-)

not sure I know who is in the know either :-))

I also like Pablo for his ability to do things in the game that others don’t see or can’t do in the blink of an eye.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Hehe I try to tell my kids; think independently and try to plough your own furrow. It maybe the path least travelled but is often by far the most rewarding ;-)

not sure I know who is in the know either :-))

I also like Pablo for his ability to do things in the game that others don’t see or can’t do in the blink of an eye.
    It's not what you know HO, it's what you tell everyone else that you know, in order to make them THINK that you know.

Cheers mate. It was just a little bit of positivity, cos Pablo makes me happy sometimes.

I need to keep trying to write the 'right' things though, so i can be considered clever and acceptable to those in the know.
    Jez, if its worth anything at all, I do read and enjoy a lot of your posts whether I agree or disagree with them (same as for all the other posters). Most times I only respond to a post, if I have a point of view/suggestion that has not already been mentioned in the topic.

I try to debate the post/topic without assassinating the poster (mostly)

It's not what you know HO, it's what you tell everyone else that you know, in order to make them THINK that you know.

Ahhh it suddenly makes sense but at age 97 I think I may be too set in my ways to change ;-))

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)