+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pablo Talks

Pablo Talks

Leeds United have opened talks with popular midfielder Pablo Hernandez over a new contract. - External Link

Quote Originally Posted by Footymad View Post
    Leeds United have opened talks with popular midfielder Pablo Hernandez over a new contract. - External Link
    Well that's good then, if he signs. Hopefully as an impact sub or a home starter against more defensive teams in a hugely expanded squad of equally talented, equal quality players, so we don't have to rely on him in every game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    Well that's good then, if he signs. Hopefully as an impact sub or a home starter against more defensive teams in a hugely expanded squad of equally talented, equal quality players, so we don't have to rely on him in every game.
    Now now Jez, don't be sarcastic

As it is, we've waited for how long to "open talks" with one of the few players who are actually worth what we pay him, and yet has been left out of the merry-go-round of extended contracts given to such "gifted" players as Sacko etc. Yes, sarcastic, and tinged with venom for those who should have had this matter done and dusted with back in December

Oh a sarcastic thread.......
    You would find fault if he shat a gold brick whilst juggling 6 kittens.

On one leg....

"one of the few players who are actually worth what we pay him"
    And how much are we paying him - or for that matter the "Dross" on long term contracts -pray tell?

Quote Originally Posted by leedsutdman View Post
    Oh a sarcastic thread.......
    You would find fault if he shat a gold brick whilst juggling 6 kittens.

On one leg....
    And equally predictably, your reply implies that leaving contract negotiation with one of the few players to be worthy of wearing the shirt (not just my view, echoed by MANY) to the fag-end of a do-nothing, achieve-nothing season, whilst having granted (amongst others) a 5-year contract to player who apart from running very fast in a certain direction, has trouble finding his ar5ehole with both hands is a GOOD thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    "one of the few players who are actually worth what we pay him"
    And how much are we paying him - or for that matter the "Dross" on long term contracts -pray tell?
    Errr, what the f00k does it matter? And whatever it is, it's likely to be a h3ll of a lot less than Lassogga and just what has he done throughout the season (you can't justify paying his wage for 1 or 2 goals either end of the f00king season!). Pablo has been one of the few players to actually produce ANYTHING and yet (as per the episode last season with Green), he gets left to this point in the season to be "engaged with". Let's just say if Monk does come along, with a nice little earner and a bit more recognition (and lets face it, it's not as though he doesn't know the player, and vice versa), I wouldn't be shocked if Pablo up and went.

And do I care about what the non-players are getting paid? Only insofar as I don't think they are worth a single OLD penny in most cases. Whatever we would save by getting rid would be better than shelling out anything for them, starting with Wiedwald and working forwards from the goal line.

You [Predictably]completely missed my point...
    You stated "one of the few players who are actually worth what we pay him"
    So WHAT DO we pay him? or the "others that aren't worth it" for that matter?
    Unless you know this how do you know what the feck you are talking about?

or - "predictably" is this just yet another moaning borefest emerging??

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    And equally predictably, your reply implies that leaving contract negotiation with one of the few players to be worthy of wearing the shirt (not just my view, echoed by MANY) to the fag-end of a do-nothing, achieve-nothing season, whilst having granted (amongst others) a 5-year contract to player who apart from running very fast in a certain direction, has trouble finding his ar5ehole with both hands is a GOOD thing?

Take a chill pill FFS. Your keyboard must look like Shane MacGowans gob.

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    You [Predictably]completely missed my point...
    You stated "one of the few players who are actually worth what we pay him"
    So WHAT DO we pay him? or the "others that aren't worth it" for that matter?
    Unless you know this how do you know what the feck you are talking about?

or - "predictably" is this just yet another moaning borefest emerging??
    Jees its like pulling teeth......

Very well, just so we are very clear with each other, I have no idea how much we pay Pablo Hernandez, but WHATEVER we pay him is far better value for money than WHATEVER we pay the majority of the signings over the last year, especially when the length of contract given to the likes of Sacko, Wiedwald etc is taken into account.

Or, perhaps to allow you to give some opinion of your own, instead of simply having a go at me for the fun of it, what do you think the club should have done with commencing contract negotiations (which was after all the point of the thread), or perhaps you think its a good idea to let the clock run down?

Moaning borefest.......if so, I'm sure the h3ll not alone!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)