+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who would you keep , who would you release from the squad we have now ?

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    This has to be the worst assembled squad I've ever seen down theer , irrespective of what division we are in next season , only players I would keep are , Davies , Cavare, Pinillos, Jackson, Lindsey , Mallan , Pinnock, get rid of Moore , Hammil, Bradshaw , Hedges , and Isgrove , Moncur, Townsend, all not good enough , no point keeping them , may do well in Div 1 ? Build a squad that's better than just promotion from Div 1 , and keep up the Challenge towards the top end of the Championship minimum ,
    I think that's going a bit too far Roma. I'd say it's the most unbalanced squad we've assembled. Had we Mcburnie instead of Ugbo and Moore from the start and clung onto Barnes for the full season. We'd have been comfortable mid table.

I put most down to Heckingbottom. He should have shown more faith in players he signed. If Thiam wasn't fit he should have played him more to get him up to fitness. The same applies to Mcgeehan. He had one bad twenty minute spell against Cardiff City and was banished to S****horpe. Letting Mowatt go out on loan without even seeing him play in the middle or off a striker. Not playing Mallan at all.

Bad management all round.

Tha reyt it is keep Potts

Try mi upmost to keep Yiadom at all cost, along with every one of our players and let the loan player's go, next season with Jose bringing in one or two we should be to strong for nigh on all the teams in the 1st Divison.

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    This has to be the worst assembled squad I've ever seen down theer , irrespective of what division we are in next season , only players I would keep are , Davies , Cavare, Pinillos, Jackson, Lindsey , Mallan , Pinnock, get rid of Moore , Hammil, Bradshaw , Hedges , and Isgrove , Moncur, Townsend, all not good enough , no point keeping them , may do well in Div 1 ? Build a squad that's better than just promotion from Div 1 , and keep up the Challenge towards the top end of the Championship minimum ,
    Yup....if it was just that feckin easy..

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    I think that's going a bit too far Roma. I'd say it's the most unbalanced squad we've assembled. Had we Mcburnie instead of Ugbo and Moore from the start and clung onto Barnes for the full season. We'd have been comfortable mid table.

I put most down to Heckingbottom. He should have shown more faith in players he signed. If Thiam wasn't fit he should have played him more to get him up to fitness. The same applies to Mcgeehan. He had one bad twenty minute spell against Cardiff City and was banished to S****horpe. Letting Mowatt go out on loan without even seeing him play in the middle or off a striker. Not playing Mallan at all.

Absolutely like that . That is quite possibly the best post you made for years......
    Are you on Bud Lite now...? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post

Tha still clinging to idea that it wo Hecky who assembled this squad. Does tha seriously think Hecky knew owt abart a player called Thiam whose parent club wo Dijon but had been shifted art to Clermont cos he wont up to it ? Or Knasmuller, an unfit Austrian ? Al give thi wun guess who did bring them in and expect Hecky to polish them, A think Hecky cudda spent that million parnds wiser.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Absolutely like that . That is quite possibly the best post you made for years......
    Lol no Carling

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Tha still clinging to idea that it wo Hecky who assembled this squad. Does tha seriously think Hecky knew owt abart a player called Thiam whose parent club wo Dijon but had been shifted art to Clermont cos he wont up to it ? Or Knasmuller, an unfit Austrian ? Al give thi wun guess who did bring them in and expect Hecky to polish them, A think Hecky cudda spent that million parnds wiser.

Like ^^

One day the penny might drop for some SB

Hecky had his faults obviously, i think we can all agree his tactics were suspect at times but it's complete ballax to lay the entire blame on him. There is a massive difference between being a head coach and a manager in football, namely cos head coaches get given a squad to work with, a squad I might add that appears to be chosen by non football people based on age and statistics.

A manager on the other hand gets given a budget and assembles his own squad, therefore he lives or dies by the choices he's made. Did Hecky have that privilege as a head coach? Absolutely not.

It's not exactly rocket science to grasp such a simple fact

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post

Warriva drinks your 2 are on it clouds your judgement somewhat

Hecky didn't polish the League One turds he was given this season in the Championship.

Hecky did polish the League One turds he was given in 2016 in League One.

We needed an experienced firefighter to at least give it a go in the last 15 games this season. The French CEO wanted Jose. Up rocked Jose.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast