+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Government panicking over under staffing?

O/T Government panicking over under staffing?

So the Government have announced that the nursing profession will receive a boost in a wage increase.

Too little too late. My good lady, who I won't go in to her Management profile, has said for years that the system is down on its knees with highly professional staff leaving in their droves due to under staffing and poor wages.

This Tory government are reacting like a panicked pack. Panic is clearly setting in and if a snap election was to be called now they would lose hands down.

A cheap attempt to woo voters back. Phfff. I'm keeping it polite.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    So the Government have announced that the nursing profession will receive a boost in a wage increase.

Too little too late. My good lady, who I won't go in to her Management profile, has said for years that the system is down on its knees with highly professional staff leaving in their droves due to under staffing and poor wages.

This Tory government are reacting like a panicked pack. Panic is clearly setting in and if a snap election was to be called now they would lose hands down.

I'd be interested to know your views on how we can fund the NHS properly brin , I'm very much for the NHS myself but I'm interested to know how posters feel it should be funded to be a world class healthcare system that delivers an efficent service to taxpayers .

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post

Brin I don’t disagree that nhs has been like a starved animal my own mum is a nurse she keeps saying she want to quit because of poor wages, lack of staff and the increasing workload that causes many to have mental breakdowns.

However I think your being a bit optimistic by saying Tory’s would lose a snap election if it was called now. Jeremy Corbin is not being shown in a nice way at the moment ether and it’s ok voting for party rather than leader but not everyone see it as party they see it as who's the better leader and Mrs may has been doing well in last few week she even gave a fist bump to someone 🤜 🤛

Not to mention Tory media campaign and scare tactics would swing it for them. News is pretty much owned by Tory’s

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I'd be interested to know your views on how we can fund the NHS properly brin , I'm very much for the NHS myself but I'm interested to know how posters feel it should be funded to be a world class healthcare system that delivers an efficent service to taxpayers .
    I saw this month that the UK spend 9% gdp on the health service and compared to that France pay 11% gdp. Plus if you're over a certain income you have to buy a top up if not the poorest get it all free.

Compare this, these are my actual payments.

Minimum payment into the french health system 7% of 12,000€ = 840€ through normal taxes then 7% on everything

Top up starts at about 10€ per month that covers emergencies and a few other things but I'm not sure what but it's not much

I pay 55€ per month which covers me for prety much everything.
    Ambulances to and from hospital fro medical procedure
    Prescripted drugs
    Nights in hospitals in a seperate room
    150% operations
    doctors visits
    250% of dental work
    400% glasses

This really leaves me with nothing to pay. In total my family pays 180€ per month. Waiting times are much lower. Doctor open till 8:54pm dentists open till 8:00pm

There is a fee of 0.50€ for every prescription that goes towards research (max 12)

Like every proffession here most nurses are on Minimum wage!