+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Favours and more favours

Favours and more favours

You should not need to rely on other teams around us do us favours. Win our own matches and concentrate on ourselves and then there will be no excuses come end of the season. COYP.

Do others teams results not effect us then?

Inevitably we won't in every game we play, so other teams doing us "favours" does have a relevance surely?

How can it be in notts own hands if the clubs win all there games in hand notts will be out the top 8 notts will not beat Stanley Coventry Wycombe or Luton.

... have to agree with you nay ... Notts have flattered all season. As a devout and optimistic Notts supporter, I see only a draw at C'field and losing to AS, Cov, HW; possible draw v LT. Really want to be wrong. COYP

Quote Originally Posted by magicianpie View Post
    Do others teams results not effect us then?

Inevitably we won't in every game we play, so other teams doing us "favours" does have a relevance surely?
    *win not in

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... have to agree with you nay ... Notts have flattered all season. As a devout and optimistic Notts supporter, I see only a draw at C'field and losing to AS, Cov, HW; possible draw v LT. Really want to be wrong. COYP
    Oh ye of little faith.

Quote Originally Posted by nay123 View Post
    How can it be in notts own hands if the clubs win all there games in hand notts will be out the top 8 notts will not beat Stanley Coventry Wycombe or Luton.
    I think you need to check the table again it is in our own hands if we beat Wycombe due to our greater goal difference.

Obviously if we lose those games we won't make the top 3 and possibly the play offs but as the season gets to the business end and the pressure is cranked up teams around us will drop points as well.

We are still in the mix and in a better position than some of the teams below us....it's ok having games in hand you have to win them.

At this time last season Portsmouth had P38 Pnts 65, Notts have P38 Pnts 66,

but in the next 8 games Portsmouth won 7 and drew 1

Quote Originally Posted by macstop View Post
    At this time last season Portsmouth had P38 Pnts 65, Notts have P38 Pnts 66,

but in the next 8 games Portsmouth won 7 and drew 1
    Good point, Mac, and you're spot on. I think much centres on Noble. I said at the time that replacing Ryan with Liam was key to the rest of Notts season. He was slow out of the blocks but now he seems to be firing so Notts could 'do a Portsmouth'.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Good point, Mac, and you're spot on. I think much centres on Noble. I said at the time that replacing Ryan with Liam was key to the rest of Notts season. He was slow out of the blocks but now he seems to be firing so Notts could 'do a Portsmouth'.

Agreed with that Sidders, as regards Noble.