+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: O/T New British passports

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Yeh remarkable journalism from the Mail , going nuts about the french / dutch company manufacturing UK Passports .

Fecking John Major and the Tories privatised UK passport production in 1996 ya right wing thicko's .

Dear me .
    I agree. You either agree with the free market or you don't. The Mail has got its jingoistic knickers in a twist on this.

I aqree you either read the Dail Mail or you don't
    As a country we ought to put the supply of gas & electricity out to tender
    oh but wait
    haven't you got to own them to do that

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    I aqree you either read the Dail Mail or you don't
    As a country we ought to put the supply of gas & electricity out to tender
    oh but wait
    haven't you got to own them to do that
    I beg your pardon? If you own something, what would you be putting out to tender? You are making no sense.

The range of suppliers we currently have will be tendering for the supply of gas and electricity to them by the producers and be driven by competition to drive a hard bargain. A sensible person then puts their gas and electricity needs out to tender by using a comparison site every now and then to get the best deal from the range of suppliers on offer. That, of course, won't be possible if Labour succeeded in nationalising them. You will pay the price you are given and will be paying for the inefficiencies of such a method of ownership.

Any luck in finding that thread about Analtyica where you expressed your opinion? No? Didn't think so.

i couldn't give a where there made its down to cost

the trouble with the UK is they believe in charging the maximum possible on goods and services to get the highest profit.

in the US they believe in charging the least possible to sell more to achieve the highest profit the term stack em high sell em cheap.
    not long ago the price of a passport shot up if that UK company had have won the contract the cost would have prob have had to shoot up again.

Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post
    i couldn't give a where there made its down to cost

the trouble with the UK is they believe in charging the maximum possible on goods and services to get the highest profit.

in the US they believe in charging the least possible to sell more to achieve the highest profit the term stack em high sell em cheap.
    not long ago the price of a passport shot up if that UK company had have won the contract the cost would have prob have had to shoot up again.

The price rise had bugger all to do with De la rue so how do you figure that?

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    I beg your pardon? If you own something, what would you be putting out to tender? You are making no sense.

The range of suppliers we currently have will be tendering for the supply of gas and electricity to them by the producers and be driven by competition to drive a hard bargain. A sensible person then puts their gas and electricity needs out to tender by using a comparison site every now and then to get the best deal from the range of suppliers on offer. That, of course, won't be possible if Labour succeeded in nationalising them. You will pay the price you are given and will be paying for the inefficiencies of such a method of ownership.

Any luck in finding that thread about Analtyica where you expressed your opinion? No? Didn't think so.

Had your gas or electricity bill lately
    Didn't the Gov't say they would cap energy prices as they were on the trail of excess profiteering
    Have they?
    No I don't think so
    Analytica thread is so so hard to find I am not surprised you don't have the ability to find it. Kerr you're a Liar
    It's only a few days ago & you know it & where it is
    So you do read the Daily Mail

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post

The energy watchdog recomended a margin of 1.25% for energy companies to operate on .

Typically energy companies are working on a return of 7% for metering and billing .

The CMA inquiry concluded that collectively UK households are paying on average £1.4bn too much for our energy , nearer £2bn last year .

Doesn't appear to be that efficient to me .

The price rise had bugger all to do with De la rue so how do you figure that?
    didnt say it had owt to do with them or you reading something else i said it shot up recently and that if that UK company had won the latest contract then the price would prob shoot up again.

Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post
    didnt say it had owt to do with them or you reading something else i said it shot up recently and that if that UK company had won the latest contract then the price would prob shoot up again.

The way you phrased the post tends one to believe it was their doing
    If they had won why would the price shoot up again as their bid would have been lower than Gemalto's would it not
    So why did the price shoot up recently pray tell ?

Had your gas or electricity bill lately
    Didn't the Gov't say they would cap energy prices as they were on the trail of excess profiteering
    Have they?
    No I don't think so
    Analytica thread is so so hard to find I am not surprised you don't have the ability to find it. Kerr you're a Liar
    It's only a few days ago & you know it & where it is
    So you do read the Daily Mail
    What a strange chap you are, Exile. You start a thread about the passport contract, but then stress that you are no expressing an opinion one way or another. You then take your own thread off topic by going on about gas and electric bills. And all the time, you are banging on about an imaginary thread in which you expressed an opinion about Analytica…

I got by gas and electricity bill last week, but confess that I haven’t opened the email. I imagine that the gas element will be quite high given that I use it for heating and it has been a cold winter.

I’m going to guess that the point that you are trying to make is that bills have risen over recent years? What of it? The question you should be asking is whether they are higher or lower than they would be if the utilities had remained in public ownership. The answer to that, of course, is that neither of us can know, because they didn’t. For the reason I’ve set out – competition driven efficiencies, I believe that they are cheaper than they would have been, but that’s just an opinion.

A price cap on pre-payment meters has been in place for a year or so now. Here you can read about the progress of the Domestic Gas and Electricity (Tariff Cap) Bill though Parliament: https://services.parliament.uk/bills...tariffcap.html

You’ll see that it is through the Commons committee stage and is waiting for the report stage. I believe that Labour is supporting the bill.

For reason I’ll touch on below, I think a price cap is necessary (although I think there were other ways of addressing the issue within the market), but I share the concern of the GMB over the threat to jobs and investment that trying to buck the market creates: http://www.gmb.org.uk/newsroom/price-cap-legislation

And what is with the 'so you do read the Daily Mail?' I don't, as I stated above.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast