+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Favourite away ground with the Millers & why.

Quote Originally Posted by Casper64Frank View Post
    Deepdale - home of Preston North End.
    My first away game and my first away game with my late Grandad.
    A proper football ground, a statue outside the ground, Tom Finney Stand, Stewards are helpful and PNE fans in general are decent to chat to.

My Grandad passed away just before his 90th Birthday, he watched the Millers up to the age of 80.
    Despite a cataract op earlier he eventually went blind.
    On match days Saturday evening or Sunday morning we used to go down to his and take the Green Un sports paper, warmer days were spent in his greenhouse with me reading the match reports out for him.
    When it came time to leave he used to say to us " Thanks for coming, keep in touch "

I miss my Grandad, Deepdale, Craven Cottage, iPro Stadium.......................
    This is one if the best replies I've ever read on Millersmad.

Quote Originally Posted by Casper64Frank View Post
    Deepdale - home of Preston North End.
    My first away game and my first away game with my late Grandad.
    A proper football ground, a statue outside the ground, Tom Finney Stand, Stewards are helpful and PNE fans in general are decent to chat to.

My Grandad passed away just before his 90th Birthday, he watched the Millers up to the age of 80.
    Despite a cataract op earlier he eventually went blind.
    On match days Saturday evening or Sunday morning we used to go down to his and take the Green Un sports paper, warmer days were spent in his greenhouse with me reading the match reports out for him.
    When it came time to leave he used to say to us " Thanks for coming, keep in touch "

I miss my Grandad, Deepdale, Craven Cottage, iPro Stadium.......................
    Casper,football watching the Millers evokes so many memories happy,sad,even funny I would not have missed it for the world.

Nice reply Casper

Ipswich good view but I think we lost 0-2
    Last edited by pip_y; 23-03-2018 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Predictive text!

Wembley , think I’ve been through every emotion

Others I’ve enjoyed Macclesfield, Crewe, Preston, Newcastle

Don’t like Gillingham

Agree with MT - Has to be Wembley because of the sheer emotion of it all - others I liked - Newcastle, Norwich, PNE, Derby, Villa

Sorry chaps but you can't have Wembley.
    It's not an away ground, it's a neutral ground........unless we play Spurs that is.

I also used to like Turf Moor before they redeveloped two sides of it. That massive old terrace on the side that ran the length of the pitch and swept round behind the goal. Stadium **** at its finest!
    First went there in 91 when we beat them 2-1 on boxing day in a top of the table clash, think we took almost 3000 fans that day and the atmosphere on that side terrace was incredible.
    Also Blackpool before redevelopment. That away terrace was huge.

Ok then if no Wembley, then Peterborough, not sure why, maybe it was that mullering we gave them when we had a supposedly flu weakened team.

Maybe also Burnley when they used to do pie and peas.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Wembley , think I’ve been through every emotion

Others I’ve enjoyed Macclesfield, Crewe, Preston, Newcastle

Don’t like Gillingham
    Mellow is being a ? so I’ll go with Newcastle, met with friends before game

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast