+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Favourite away ground with the Millers & why.

Fulhams craven cottage. Always stop over in Hammersmith with a few others, great train journey, great pubs and when we sing and stamp in that away end it sounds awsome :-)

Plough Lane, home of Wimbledon FC many years ago.
    Quaint ground, the grass roots type of stadium.
    Not much to look at but it had an aura of the basics of league football, no style, no mod cons, needed a lick of paint, but that, to me, was what it was all about.

The Vetch Field Swansea. Scene of the most exciting Millers game I ever saw one Tuesday night in the late seventies when we drew 4-4 having been 4-1 up with 20 mins to go.

Was a busy week as I remember going to Southend on the Friday night of the same week and losing 2-1 to a last minute 25 yarder.

Used to love the long haul trips. Remember hitching it down to Plymouth setting off at 10.30 pm Friday night & getting to Plymouth about an hour before the kick off at 3pm.

Came back on the Riley’s coach. In those days we didn’t set off back until pub closing time but this particular night we spent the evening in Torquay and some of the lads went to watch Torquay United who in those days played quite a few home games on the Saturday night.

Set off back at 11pm home for 8 in the morning.

Fantastic days. Great memories. Great people.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234