+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Favourite away ground with the Millers & why.

Favourite away ground with the Millers & why.

Easy choice for me,Carlisle been a few times but we secured our first ever trip to Wembley at Carlisle & Rod Ferns goal secured us promotion.And a great time in the beehive next to the ground.Yes it’s a dump but what great memories.

Have to say York. I'm a bit of a football purist, some might see Bootham Crescent as a dump, I love it. Nothing much has changed since my first visit in the late 80's to my last visit in 2012, where I actually went in the home end. It has character and charm in abundance. It's also where I received my first kicking at a match in the mid 90's but that's another story.
    The city itself is one of my favourite places too.

Grimsby. Always cold n damp but remember good away days with my pops

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Grimsby. Always cold n damp but remember good away days with my pops
    Remember going to Bury with my dad god bless him,went in same turnstile & told to go under the turnstile so it did not register & would not have to pay.Like you say mate dad & lad happy days.

Gonna say pride park I go with my dad to odd derby match so I always love it when we play there. (Nothing to do with Starbucks outside ground lol)

Villa Park or Molineux, crappy areas but great old-school grounds.

Never been to Craven Cottage but that looks like a nice stadium.
    Last edited by great_fire; 22-03-2018 at 02:53 PM.

My first away game was at Wrexham which was scary as a 11 year old. I do like it there!

Last away game was Hillsborough if memory serves.

I do like York because it's a fantastic feeling.

I remeber going to Hull ont train near bonfire night. The original flares or bangers were thrown.

Thinking anout it I will say Wrexham although it's no where near the best ground it holds fond memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Easy choice for me,Carlisle been a few times but we secured our first ever trip to Wembley at Carlisle & Rod Ferns goal secured us promotion.And a great time in the beehive next to the ground.Yes it’s a dump but what great memories.
    Yes Lol great memories them 2 games, i was at them both and also in the Beehive before the 80/81 game, the landlord told us he had never sold as much ale in his career in one afternoon.

Barnet for me. Not a great ground but living in the South for many years it's one I went to a few times and never saw us win at. Last time was in 1998 just before we moved to the US and the only time another member of the CA clan has been to a game. My eldest daughter was 4 at the time (she has a 2 year old of her own now) and I didn't want to sit in the open away end so elected for the family 'stand'. Turnstile guy told me to just lift her over rather than pay and we ended up sitting among the wives and girlfriends of the Barnet players. They were even kind enough to take her to the toilet on a number of occasions to save me having her wade through the fluid on the floor of the gents. We lost 4-2 but had a nice day out.

Barnet for me too. A proper football ground even though it's on the side of a hill and slopes.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast