+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Favourite away ground with the Millers & why.

CAM - you missed the Millers 5-3 victory with a Don Page hat-trick?
    By the way - I think they've moved!

Went to Norwich a couple of years ago & enjoyed it apart from our inept display. Good ground, good pub outside by the river & all-round nice town.

Quote Originally Posted by PerigordMiller View Post
    Went to Norwich a couple of years ago & enjoyed it apart from our inept display. Good ground, good pub outside by the river & all-round nice town.
    ... and you saw Blackstock actually score a goal?

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    ... and you saw Blackstock actually score a goal?
    One of very few Mike, I think there were about 250 Millers there (including CasperFrank)

.... and including me too. I like visiting Norwich, for the football and the city in general.

Goodison, not sure exactly why.

Loved the Halifax ground.lent on railing behind the goal. Felt like you were stood in a car park. Never seen us lose at Saltergate or Rochdale, both grounds full of character.

Bradford City for me. I don't like the ground, in fact it's an ugly mismatched dump but, oh the memories!
    That 2-0 win in our promotion season, the breakaway goal by Agard and big Claude ripping his shirt off and roaring like a lion at the end of an epic battle.
    I also like Pride Park, lovely ground and brilliant atmosphere but the downside is we always lose there 😕

Deepdale - home of Preston North End.
    My first away game and my first away game with my late Grandad.
    A proper football ground, a statue outside the ground, Tom Finney Stand, Stewards are helpful and PNE fans in general are decent to chat to.

My Grandad passed away just before his 90th Birthday, he watched the Millers up to the age of 80.
    Despite a cataract op earlier he eventually went blind.
    On match days Saturday evening or Sunday morning we used to go down to his and take the Green Un sports paper, warmer days were spent in his greenhouse with me reading the match reports out for him.
    When it came time to leave he used to say to us " Thanks for coming, keep in touch "

I miss my Grandad, Deepdale, Craven Cottage, iPro Stadium.......................
    Last edited by Casper64Frank; 22-03-2018 at 10:58 PM.

Wembley both old and new.

Reasons are pretty obvious.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast