+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How come Ashley just doesn't sell?

If I were Ashley I would sell us for £250M
    and buy the scum down the road and pocket the loose change
    Change the stadium name to sports direct arena
    Put his logo on there kit
    Make the squad wear donnay socks and Lonsdale boxer combos
    And bring in a quality manager like joe kinear with possibly a director of football to scout players and unearth hidden gems someone with their finger on the pulse
    Let’s say Dennis wise
    Oh and give Ignacio Gonzales a quick ring and see if he’s free (he’s class on you tube ya knaa)

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    You don´t become rich by thinking that way
    You might become miserable though in which case money doesn't matter - to most people. But I know that for some people, money (as much as possible) equals happiness and I'm sure Ashley is one of those people. Not that having money isn't nice.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    I think he does want to sell.

However, one condition has to be met - his valuation of the club.
    I agree with this. I really think he wants to sell and had we had the £300 million value met he'd of been gone - sod who it was etc.

cause know one has the money and ash wont give it away

who can blame him

all he has had so far is a northern numpty with less than 24 mill
    and a lady with no money touting us around trying to find backers

the first person to meet his value will get the club

and whilst they dither they are loosing money

and ash is making it

Quote Originally Posted by AP69 View Post
    Because he's a proven liar and makes an absolute mint out of us
    Free advertising for his tat with millions on hold on his interest free loan he uses as a noose around the club's neck when he pretends he wants to sell
    Minimal investment in the squad over 11 years and very few questions on where all the money has gone (sky money, season ticket)
    Would you sell?
    This

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    cause know one has the money and ash wont give it away

who can blame him

all he has had so far is a northern numpty with less than 24 mill
    and a lady with no money touting us around trying to find backers

the first person to meet his value will get the club

and whilst they dither they are loosing money

and ash is making it
    at least northern numpties have far more class than fat cockney *******s

I think there's a real misconception here over the financial impact of Ashley's investment in the club. He converted existing debt into an interest free loan. If he didn't come in and do that, the club would have been paying interest on that debt for the last ten years (all things being equal). I don't know the actual figures and can't really be bothered to go look at the books right now to get them, but if the interest rate was 7%, over 10 years that'd be a little over £47m in interest we'd have paid. You can offset that against the value of the advertising hoarding that could have been sold to other sponsors, and I suspect we wouldn't be talking about £4.7m a year based on my own advertising and sponsorship fees at St. James'. What Ashley has done is create additional advertising space for Sports Direct, which doesn't look pretty (in the tunnel, on the architrave or whatever it's called around the roof of the east stand etc.), but it didn't actually have any monetary value previously because it didn't exist. So I'm not convinced Ashley's biggest sin is draining the club financially, it's simply not understanding at the outset how much he'd have to invest in a football club to drive it forward. He was incredibly naive when he got into this business, and when he realised what he'd done he basically cut off the club in terms of any real further investment. The consequence of that, in one instance, was that he was ultimately forced to put in more money because we were relegated due to poor management across the board (i.e. the first relegation). As for where all the other money (Sky, season tickets) has gone, it has gone where it goes at every other club across the land - into the pockets of players and agents, and in keeping the lights on. There's no big secret because we publish our books every year. Anyone who is interested can look at them for nowt on Companies House's website.

He needs to go, for the good of the club and because his heart clearly isn't in it, and consequently neither is his wallet. He does have the (ability to raise the) money to take us forward, but he won't do it, so he should sell up. The offer from Staveley was legit and fair, but he has overvalued the club significantly because he didn't do due diligence when he bought it and won't absorb the losses from his own mistake (as I've argued in detail in other threads).

Great post

I sometimes get blinded by my hatred of the man

I still think if he or anyone else comes in and speculate a bit the rewards can be massive

Even at this northern monkey club

Quote Originally Posted by Andy1981_2 View Post
    . The offer from Staveley was legit and fair, but he has overvalued the club significantly because he didn't do due diligence when he bought it and won't absorb the losses from his own mistake (as I've argued in detail in other threads).
    This is the key for me.

I agree-I think he's overvalued the club but wants the new owners to pay for his mistake.

We're told he's a brilliant businessman....but how does that fit with him not doing due diligence and landing himself with a huge debt.

Take the hit you brought on yourself and fuck off, you fat bastard.

I blame pboro. He caused all our problems when he ran the world. That was before the boxing coaching, buying millions of pounds worth of cars, playing golf with all the ex profesional lads, stealing money from pay as you view televisions in the seventies whilst robbing the local milkmen, teaching bill Gates about computers, educating gays to be normal, keeping the country going during the miners strike, showing trump how to be a diplomat. Oh, and cleaning old hospital mattresses of puke and blood to make his millions while hating geordies, abandoning his own country (turkey) and attending every nufc game from under 18's to top level from the age of minus 14.

Yep it's his ****ing fault.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)