+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How come Ashley just doesn't sell?

sorry
    but if the northern monkey wants to start up a co operative and ask investors to join in and bbuy the club that lad from ant and dec will have some time on his hands and i hear he is a toon supporter

i never understand why when you have so many supposably passionate geordies and rather succesful ones as well why theydont buy their club

Quote Originally Posted by AP69 View Post
    Because he's a proven liar and makes an absolute mint out of us
    Free advertising for his tat with millions on hold on his interest free loan he uses as a noose around the club's neck when he pretends he wants to sell
    Minimal investment in the squad over 11 years and very few questions on where all the money has gone (sky money, season ticket)
    Would you sell?
    I agree with this one. He doesnt actually have to do anything and he gets free advertising.

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    sorry
    but if the northern monkey wants to start up a co operative and ask investors to join in and bbuy the club that lad from ant and dec will have some time on his hands and i hear he is a toon supporter

i never understand why when you have so many supposably passionate geordies and rather succesful ones as well why theydont buy their club
    Because as everyone on here and his dog has explained. Ashley made a big boo boo when he bought the club by not doing due diligence and he won't admit his mistake and swallow what he didn't know he was going to have to pay for.

Therefor why should any one be made to pay for his stupid, greedy mistake.

It's been explained on here time after time after time, and still some people can't grasp it.

sorry

I’m sorry but I find the term northern monkey as racist as the term greasy Greek kunt

Ok now I’ve said it

He's increased the debt and expects others to pick up the bill. The club has (supposedly) been for sale for 9 years (he's announced it on three occasions) so he's either asking too much or it isn't for sale. It really is that simple.

Greed.

Let's just hope that if he does sell, it's to people who want to take the club forward and also have a major contingency plan(s) for failure to achieve it in any attempt(s).

Now ask yourselves some questions.

How can we hope to achieve this any differently from what's happening as of now?

1. Hope to get in an owner who is willing to bankroll the club on top of what it makes, without any detriment to the overall structure of it. And I don't mean just bricks and mortar.

2. Owner/s that will... at the very least allow the club to run from in house revenue accumulation and also allow any future transfer fees to also be put back into the betterment of the squad.

Let's hope it's one of those that still guarantees the long term future of the club in the higher echelons of the football leagues.

I don't need to spell out the rest of what can happen on a take over that doesn't meet this criteria...but I am willing to bet that it would constitute fans (admit it or don't) wishing they'd never cut their own noses, ears, eyes off/out, to spite their own faces with the current ownership.

Quote Originally Posted by kal View Post
    he's increased the debt and expects others to pick up the bill. The club has (supposedly) been for sale for 9 years (he's announced it on three occasions) so he's either asking too much or it isn't for sale. It really is that simple.
    there are not many clubs recently whos debt hasnt increased

look at wba

scumberland etc

how much has it increased by ??

The club at 300 mill is a bargain

it has to be as the new owners will need to spend a fortune to get their investment back
    buying the toon and making it competitive for europe etc is a 500-750 million pound investment

to get us into europe where the money is even ash would need to spend 150 mill plus and hope all goes well

its not ash not wanting to sell its those that want to see the books look at the market and then get cold feet

believe me you could make a lot more return on 300 mill than buying a footy club

and i just feel after the world cup will be the time someone like abramovich or the city boys will get the buzz and want to buy a club and have fun
    if we get an invetsor wanting a return we already have that

The club at 300 mill is a bargain
    Then why has no one snapped it up ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    Then why has no one snapped it up ?
    because buying the club is the easy part
    300 mill is a few players

buying a squad to get you a return is the hard part

with average players costing upwards of 30 mill and a couple of top players 70-100 mill plus wages etc the heavy spending comes from player recruitment

why buy a club for 300 mill to just finish top 8-15 none
    wages from turnover about at least 60 percent wil be playes wages more in some cases ,other expenditures and you dont get a lot of return for your 300 mill

its not the asking price its the investment after that

and then it is a gamble

and investors dont like to gamble on something they cant control or have no effect on

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)