+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How come Ashley just doesn't sell?

How come Ashley just doesn't sell?

I don't get it. Nine years ago when we were relegated (wasn't to be the last time under him ffs) he wanted out badly. He explicitly said that he hated the business of football and didn't understand it. If he hates it so much, why hasn't he sold the club yet?

Because he's a proven liar and makes an absolute mint out of us
    Free advertising for his tat with millions on hold on his interest free loan he uses as a noose around the club's neck when he pretends he wants to sell
    Minimal investment in the squad over 11 years and very few questions on where all the money has gone (sky money, season ticket)
    Would you sell?

Quote Originally Posted by AP69 View Post
    Free advertising for his tat with millions on hold on his interest free loan he uses as a noose around the club's neck when he pretends he wants to sell
    Minimal investment in the squad over 11 years and very few questions on where all the money has gone (sky money, season ticket)
    Would you sell?
    Exactly this.

I think that Ashley uses the club owing him money against his tax
    Free avertising
    And makes a bit of lucre

I think he still holds a grudge against us fans
    And likes watching the pain
    We’re like ants under his magnifying glass

ashleys going nowhere till he sells the 3 dozen boxes of donay socks he has been trying to shift since he re-located to the north east,not even mackems will buy them,f'uck off back daaan saaf ya plastic where the punters made you a billionaire,c0ckneys love a bit of 75% off

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    I don't get it. Nine years ago when we were relegated (wasn't to be the last time under him ffs) he wanted out badly. He explicitly said that he hated the business of football and didn't understand it. If he hates it so much, why hasn't he sold the club yet?
    Because he will never get a better deal to advertise Sports Direct. Tis why he bought the club after all.

Quote Originally Posted by AP69 View Post
    Would you sell?
    I realize that there is a financial aspect. I also know he doesn't tell the truth easily. My point is that if he genuinely hates the club and the ownership - regardless of what he says 'cause that can't be trusted - why would he stay in it?

I guess my point was more philosophical... He's got money enough for a million lifetimes. Why waste precious time of his life doing something he hates whilst making a whole region of people miserable. Maybe it's the latter that he gets off on.

I think it's just the money mate
    Don't think he gives the fans hatred a second thought as its a business hes put on the back burner that's making millions with minimal effort
    It appears the more you have the more you want with Cashley

I think he does want to sell.

However, one condition has to be met - his valuation of the club.

He wants his money back and he wants a fair price for the club. I´ll be unpopular now, but I think 300 million is a fair price (it could be bought for 280 million).

The ´he´s got plenty of money and so why doesn´t he get rid´ argument doesn´t come into it. You don´t become rich by thinking that way and the only pressure to sell is coming from the supporters (i.e. not the banks, etc.).

How much do you think it would cost him to buy the full advertising rights at another Premier League Club drawing 52k supporters for every home game

So that narrows the field down dramatically. He has no intention of giving the club away until someone comes up with his valuation then there will probably be a clause to include free advertising of his Sports Direct tat.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)