+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Longest Runs By The Millers

CAM and Wrinkly thanks for putting me right about the 5th round. I didn't know about the loss to Villa in the early 50s and the Crewe confusion was probably brought about because I must've been thinking we'd been denied a place in the 5th round by crummy little Crewe of all teams!

I call Crewe 'crummy' because in the days when teams had to apply for re-election Crewe held the record for most applications. The smart would have been on Hartlepool I suppose but no, it was the Crumsters also known as the Railwaymen.

PATTY, true enough. Though Alan made a great attempt to save the second (unjust) penalty and very nearly made it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    I attended both matches against Leicester and although Zills is correct in stating that Alan Hill saved a penalty, the ref ruled that he had moved, ordered it to be retaken and this time it was converted.
    Game at Millmoor is on Youtube. I don't know how to put link on to it - tried, but it wouldn't work
    Last edited by mikemiller; 23-03-2018 at 05:20 PM.

Never really thought much about how horrific our FA cup record is, but it really is! Drawing us in the FA cup is almost as good as receiving a wildcard to the next round for our opponents 😖
    When we do make it to the 3rd round or start in the 3rd round we always seem to get crap ties anyway. Think the last time we got a dream tie was Liverpool away, nearly 20 years ago now.
    NYS is yet to host a truly big club and with this record it will be some time yet before it does 😥

The unofficial longest Millers run was by Guy Branston. Ronnie Moore told him to go on a long fitness run but forgot to tell him to turn around at halfway. It was the cliffs at Flamborough that brought an end to the run.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Someone must know this one! Can we break a record for this season just like we broke one last?

Consecutive games scoring goals
    Think that went down pan frog when we lost 0-1 to Rochdale tother week.

Quote Originally Posted by Archiemiller View Post
    Think that went down pan frog when we lost 0-1 to Rochdale tother week.
    True Archie. Rochdale!! I'd erased that game out of my memory. I Hate them more now

I think we went 17 games without losing in 1971. I remember being at Bury when we lost it....2-1

Also remember the 9 straight wins in 1981/82 which propelled us from the relegation zone to the edge of Promotion. RIP Emlyn. A real legend.

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    Also remember the 9 straight wins in 1981/82 which propelled us from the relegation zone to the edge of Promotion. RIP Emlyn. A real legend.
    That's true. Emlyn was so popular they named a transmitting station after him.

Before he joined us I remember being on the Kop when he went back to Anfield with Wolves. The whole ground rose as one to salute him.

Very emotional tribute to a great player.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123