+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Relegation in the Air...

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynn Thomas vs stum View Post
    Will the 3 points we are getting next Friday alleviate any of your fears?
    If we defeat Bristol City I'll run through Peel Sqaure in my birthday suit

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    If we defeat Bristol City I'll run through Peel Sqaure in my birthday suit
    I'll hold your coat

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    The seeds of the spring daffodil bloom were sown well over 12 months ago
    I blame Rev Preedy fo founding the club. That's weear all this selling aar best laikers started.

The first "Am telling thi nar, this lot dunt want to gu up" and "Summats not reyt darn theear" were heard in 1887.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    I blame Rev Preedy fo founding the club. That's weear all this selling aar best laikers started.

The first "Am telling thi nar, this lot dunt want to gu up" and "Summats not reyt darn theear" were heard in 1887.

I knew I was right, that's well over 12 months ago

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    As likely as thee working in dog kennels.
    It’s a time of year when anything’s possible. Who’d have thought the angel would have rolled the stone away?

I'd suggest that if you deliberately set out to be relegated from a position of 7th in the championship on new years day 2017 then you'd follow our decision making and achieve it quite easily .

Acido will tell you it’s fairly doom and gloom on our board too. Hope you will be alright as there is lots of dross around you.

It’s a time of year when anything’s possible. Who’d have thought the angel would have rolled the stone away?
    He'd had his Cravendale.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I'd suggest that if you deliberately set out to be relegated from a position of 7th in the championship on new years day 2017 then you'd follow our decision making and achieve it quite easily .
    Oh no animal, not you n’all.
    If winnall and hourihane had stayed in January we’d have been in the championship this season. After they were sold, we also stayed in the championship for this season.
    So if we’d sold them in January or they walked for nowt in June, they still wouldn’t have played for us this season. Whether it’s true or not, ive been told that bfc and Roberts were miles away with their wage valuations so talks didn’t even start. So he wouldn’t have been here either.
    Watkins and scowen(my favourite out of all of them) moved for wages that are double our wage ceiling so they wouldn’t have been here this season either.
    The only realistic ones were izzy who we got, George smith and George Williams, who Hecky didn’t fancy.
    January 17 was to me, the first real wholesale example at Barnsley of player power created by the Bosman ruling. The agents hold all the cards and unfortunately clubs in the position we were at the time are there to be stripped.
    You may disagree with me and think that we’d have made the play offs but unless we’d have been successful it would still have made little difference in my opinion.
    To cut a long story short I think January 17 had little to do with our current position whereas indifferent purchases by Hecky in his tenure very much has.

Oh no animal, not you n’all.
    If winnall and hourihane had stayed in January we’d have been in the championship this season. After they were sold, we also stayed in the championship for this season.
    So if we’d sold them in January or they walked for nowt in June, they still wouldn’t have played for us this season. Whether it’s true or not, ive been told that bfc and Roberts were miles away with their wage valuations so talks didn’t even start. So he wouldn’t have been here either.
    Watkins and scowen(my favourite out of all of them) moved for wages that are double our wage ceiling so they wouldn’t have been here this season either.
    The only realistic ones were izzy who we got, George smith and George Williams, who Hecky didn’t fancy.
    January 17 was to me, the first real wholesale example at Barnsley of player power created by the Bosman ruling. The agents hold all the cards and unfortunately clubs in the position we were at the time are there to be stripped.
    You may disagree with me and think that we’d have made the play offs but unless we’d have been successful it would still have made little difference in my opinion.
    To cut a long story short I think January 17 had little to do with our current position whereas indifferent purchases by Hecky in his tenure very much has.
    Yes spot on. Hecky didn't know his ar5ehole from his elbow. He's proving this further up the road and long may that continue.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast