+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Relegation in the Air...

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I'm not alluding to the players who left , although I think we could have done more to keep Roberts and Scowen .

The club gave itself a mountain to climb before a ball was kicked , a total rebuild of the squad but limiting ourselves to only part of the market .

The name of the game was to create a cash cow not a successful football team .

Nothing was learnt in January either given the same model was used to recruit , the definition of madness is .........................??

The plan using analytics is used by many clubs , the difference is that most clubs use it to add to a squad not the whole 9 yards .

The plan may have merit in league one but not at this level .

I'm interested to know when the Oakwell bank balance is empty who will plug the financial gaps , the club couldn't make ends meet before and there's nothing to suggest it will today , relegation will cost the club millions .

Any progress towards financial stability will be under threat after a number of years in league one and cuts will have to be made if someone doesn't plug the gaps .

The academy maybe the first port of call to save money I'd suggest .
    But who would have plugged the gaps when taking the clubs salary ceiling away and getting scowen, Watkins and Roberts on board followed by McDonald, Davies, Yiadom, Bradshaw, hammill and the rest wanting better wages.
    It’s difficult animal because with the wage limit that was in place we couldn’t compete with other clubs on a similar level, without it we may have been tempted to overstretch ourselves dangerously. Imagine hammill and Davies being on 13/14k a week and not playing

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynn Thomas vs stum View Post
    But who would have plugged the gaps when taking the clubs salary ceiling away and getting scowen, Watkins and Roberts on board followed by McDonald, Davies, Yiadom, Bradshaw, hammill and the rest wanting better wages.
    It’s difficult animal because with the wage limit that was in place we couldn’t compete with other clubs on a similar level, without it we may have been tempted to overstretch ourselves dangerously. Imagine hammill and Davies being on 13/14k a week and not playing
    League one it is then where we clearly belong , nothing else to add Gwynn .

Depends on the new owners i suppose as to what happens next. I thought we recruited ok in January on paper and so really I can only look at what they do in the summer.
    I do after all think we’ll stop up which is exactly what we achieved last year

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    If Hecky was a manager in the old sense of the role , given £8m to rebuild the squad and able to use that budget to recruit who he wanted then he'd be far more deserving of the criticism some posters seem to believe he's entitled to .

You should try jumping in to a swimming pool with one arm tied behind your back and then come back and tell me if you swam as effectively as everyone else in the pool .
    I could do it wi two broken legs, blind folded

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    From a limited list of players he hadn't chosen. if that can be defined as evvin the final say. Thaz got to put sumdi on the pitch.

Correct SB

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    I could do it wi two broken legs, blind folded
    Witladart

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Why do you think Hecky "went public" with a rant after pre season about the poor quality and lack of balance in the squad he had to work with if he had chosen them ?
    The Spreadsheet Suits identify a list of players who come within the Plan criteria. Hecky didn't have a free reign to chose players. All the choice he had was to say yes or no to players he had no prior knowledge of on this list, Gee Gee then either got them or failed to get them and we ended up with an unbalanced squad with a load of midfielders of average quality. C0cking up the main striking option-McBurnie-was the final straw. Gee Gee put his efforts into getting Thiam--a million quid forran unfit dud whose ent scooared from open play all season.
    If Hecky had sed no to all those on the list he wuddant av ed any players.

Correct again SB [what's going on]

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Correct again SB [what's going on]
    A think tha'll find we agree on mooar things than we disagree on Ziles burra dunt want to spoil a good difference of opinion nar and ageean. That's what a message board iz all abart. I even disagree wi Roma abart Hecky but wi dunt fall art ovva it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynn Thomas vs stum View Post
    Witladart
    After we beat Bristol City

Well Burton gained a point with a 0-0 draw, in their last home hame against Bristol City. Look it is possible and we might beat them and we still might stay up, weirder things can and do happen. Remember we arent down yet even though I agree we're making it harder for ourselves.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast