+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Relegation in the Air...

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    A realised that Acido when a wo virtually on mi own saying a wo wary abart these new owners and saying the wunt invest millions into football side of club when a lot wor gerrin giddy saying we wo rich and Premier League here we come. Same thing happened when a sed from Day One that Jooa worra bullsh1tter.
    Yes but you were saying that when it wasnt easter (come on SB kid play the game eh, even though its another silly one of mine lol).

Seriously SB I think we're all more than a bit weary right now about what the new owners real and genuine intentions are for this club. Its still early days and we dont know whether we'll stay up or not of course, but Id like to think they will back whoever the manager/coach is in the summer with some funds. And I mean to try and make us a bit more competitive in this league if we do stay up. Im not demanding billions be spent and for us to be looking at the Premship within 2 years etc, and I dont think any of our fans are expecting that either.

The difference between wary and weary is a good point Acido.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Yes but you were saying that when it wasnt easter (come on SB kid play the game eh, even though its another silly one of mine lol).

Seriously SB I think we're all more than a bit weary right now about what the new owners real and genuine intentions are for this club. Its still early days and we dont know whether we'll stay up or not of course, but Id like to think they will back whoever the manager/coach is in the summer with some funds. And I mean to try and make us a bit more competitive in this league if we do stay up. Im not demanding billions be spent and for us to be looking at the Premship within 2 years etc, and I dont think any of our fans are expecting that either.
    Not going the extra 100k to sign the Oxford keeper Eastwood told me where we are at with the new owners .

The January window was the opportunity to put a marker down and at least give us an opportunity to stay in the league .

Fuq em anyway .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Not going the extra 100k to sign the Oxford keeper Eastwood told me where we are at with the new owners . The January window was the opportunity to put a marker down and at least give us an opportunity to stay in the league . Fuq em anyway .
    I asked the question at the time though Animal, along the lines of if we really want to stay up in the Champship, then why are we looking at a keeper at an average mid table Lg One team. No offense here to either Eastwood or his club Oxford, but isnt it a relevant point ?.
    Today has shown though that even the once 'great' Davies is a pathetic shambles now and hes seriously no better than his allegedly worse back-up Townsend. And I never thought Id say/post that about him.

Just out of interest, and I know we're all still on about this, who was at fault for the Ollie Mac loan deal not happening back in August ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I asked the question at the time though Animal, along the lines of if we really want to stay up in the Champship, then why are we looking at a keeper at an average mid table Lg One team. No offense here to either Eastwood or his club Oxford, but isnt it a relevant point ?.
    Today has shown though that even the once 'great' Davies is a pathetic shambles now and hes seriously no better than his allegedly worse back-up Townsend. And I never thought Id say/post that about him.

Just out of interest, and I know we're all still on about this, who was at fault for the Ollie Mac loan deal not happening back in August ?.
    It's not relevant to me the level of football he played at , all our players are from the lower leagues or surplus to requirements at bigger clubs .

What was more important to me that was that another 100k wasn't prepared to be spent when we needed a keeper in to challenge for a place .

We've seen a lot of money enter the club's bank account for quite a while now and yet 100k is a problem when we are fighting for our lives and our current keepers are either out of form or simply not up to it .

100k wouldn't have concerned anyone 30 years ago never mind today .

I erd frumma cuppal a people at grarnd yisterdi that the reason Tarnsend and Thiam wo not even on bench and young Jack Walton wo sub keeper wo that thed been feyting each other and Tarnsend ed brokken iz hand in the feyt. Dunt know if it's reyt but summats not reyt darn theear.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789