+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Relegation in the Air...

Relegation in the Air...

Does anyone else have that sinking feeling of apathy and gut feeling we're going down? I had the same feeling in 2001/02, 2013/14 and I do this season.

In 2001/02 we got rid of Spackman early enough but employed a right numpty in Steve Parkin.
    In 2013/14 we acted too late as we should have got rid of Flitcroft after first international break.

This season we waited for the transfer window to try and save us and Hecky left when he should have been sacked in December. I must admit I find it ironic that the takeover that has saved the club is the very thing that is taking us down as everyone at the club has sat on their hands all season.

I don’t think we’ll go up this season so we’ll have to make do with another year in the championship.
    I was optimistic the day after the window shut as I thought we’d recruited very decently and kept Yiadom. It’s been like being on the Big Dipper since then but I think we’ve 1 last push in us.

The stench of relegation hangs in the still air ovva Oakwell.

Hull brought in Adkins
    Birmingham brought in Monk
    Reading look like bringing in Clement

What do they ev in common ? They ev managed in the English game.

If adda ed £8000million in mi back pocket adda bought a bit of Championship quality in January and when Heckingbottom left gone art to head hunt sumdi like Nigel Pearson til end of season, sumdi who knows the league. Instead Gee Gee ez tekken a punt on Jooa and his Merry Men.

Summats not reyt darn theear.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    The stench of relegation hangs in the still air ovva Oakwell.

Hull brought in Adkins
    Birmingham brought in Monk
    Reading look like bringing in Clement

What do they ev in common ? They ev managed in the English game.

If adda ed £8000million in mi back pocket adda bought a bit of Championship quality in January and when Heckingbottom left gone art to head hunt sumdi like Nigel Pearson til end of season, sumdi who knows the league. Instead Gee Gee ez tekken a punt on Jooa and his Merry Men.

Summats not reyt darn theear.
    You've hit nail on the head there SBRed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    You've hit nail on the head there SBRed.
    Madkins has done ok at Hull to be fair but he was a disaster at BDBL,Monks had plenty of failures as has Clement but i tek your point that at least they've managed at this level befoor mate.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Madkins has done ok at Hull to be fair but he was a disaster at BDBL,Monks had plenty of failures as has Clement but i tek your point that at least they've managed at this level befoor mate.UTCB
    Wi only ed 15 games left when Jooa rocked up.
    Forget the individual names and their past, it's the principle am on abart. Wi dint ev the time fo Jooa to arse around showing us how he used to" coach" top players and analyse the opposition fo Mourinho. We needed sumdi to come in and say "We are gooin to win ugly today. Thee do this, thee do that, when this happens do this, dunt let him do that etc". Chris Wilder wudda been perfect forrus but Jooa is arta iz depth wi players who don't dominate games like he wo used to having.
    We are buggered mate. I hope wi dunt spend six years in the Third Division like your lot (cuddant resist that )
    Last edited by SBRed48; 22-03-2018 at 04:36 PM.

A gorra whiff onnit in December, dint think much onnit at time , athortitud appun blow ovva ,,, then setdi came , not shoor iff thawa seagulls or vultures hovvrin ort grarnd at hafe time, mi glass is a third full nar , av turned heartin of a thort it wa evaporation at fust , burritint
    a tell thi nar Summats not reyt darn Theer

We can all sit round and laugh about everything when we’ve stopped up

ope tha reyt

Repeated buy cheap sell at profit has been shot in the foot this time and we'll be saddled with them on 3yr contracts in our usual lg 1 status all in the name of making the club a sellable one

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast