+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your predictions for the last 8 games?

Had us on 6 points at this stage and we have 7 so slightly ahead of expectation on my part.

I am not so sure of Grimsby away now, had us to win but I think they will be pretty much in the thick of it until the last week so will need a point.

Having redone the table thing I now have us playing Coventry in the PO with Wycombe playing Lincoln
    Chesterfield staying up on the final day with Fish going down.

I had us on 5 points at this stage so 2 better than expected. Have us down for W - D - W for last 3 games, hopefully I'm 2 points out on those games as well and we finish on 82pts . . . in 3rd

Wycombe have 2 tough matches coming up in Lincoln away as their game in hand tomorrow evening then Accrington at home on Sat - if they fail to win either of those then we have a real chance (subject to Exeter slipping up somewhere - they have on paper an easy run-in).

I honestly fancy us to pick up the remaining 9 points on offer - especially if Luton can only possibly finish 2nd on the last day.

It's the hope that kills you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    Wycombe have 2 tough matches coming up in Lincoln away as their game in hand tomorrow evening then Accrington at home on Sat - if they fail to win either of those then we have a real chance (subject to Exeter slipping up somewhere - they have on paper an easy run-in).

I honestly fancy us to pick up the remaining 9 points on offer - especially if Luton can only possibly finish 2nd on the last day.

It's the hope that kills you.
    Agreed. After a poorish run, I can see us winning our last 3 and that will take us???? One more win should secure a play-off place. Course, Notts ule prove me wrong no doubt!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/...s-county/table

We will finish 4th at best. 5th probably.
    Based on Exeter’s run in and their good form at St. James Park they will go up in 3rd. It’s not inconceivable they will get 12 points that’s on offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    We will finish 4th at best. 5th probably.
    Based on Exeter’s run in and their good form at St. James Park they will go up in 3rd. It’s not inconceivable they will get 12 points that’s on offer.
    The form book goes upside down at this stage of the season. You only have to look at Lincoln losing at Port Vale. Other teams will slip up so we need to win our last 3 matches and see where it takes us. Should that not be enough the worst thing that can happen is we go into the playoffs on the back of a 5 match winning run.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Chessie. D
    Wycombe D
    Accy W
    Cov L.
    Colchester D
    Yeovil W
    Grimsby W
    Luton D

79 points, play offs
    1 out of 5 so far, which is why I rarely, if ever, bet on football.

Might not to be far off with the points though, hopefully have got the next 2 right.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    1 out of 5 so far, which is why I rarely, if ever, bet on football.

Might not to be far off with the points though, hopefully have got the next 2 right.
    I see a hard fought 7 points left in the last 3 games... prob wont be enough for autos but playoff's was the most i ever expected this season

Notts 2-0 Yeovil
    Grimbsy 1-2 Notts
    Notts 0-0 Luton

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123