+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: AFC Membership scheme

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Life doesn’t throw tickets to Ibrox at you for buying your loyalty
    I take it you don’t believe it is fair for those that attend more games get the first opportunity to go to games where tickets are restricted and let everyone get an opportunity even if they don’t have the same level of commitment to supporting the Dons.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I take it you don’t believe it is fair for those that attend more games get the first opportunity to go to games where tickets are restricted and let everyone get an opportunity even if they don’t have the same level of commitment to supporting the Dons.
    Funnily enough, the folk that were attending more games were attending more games anyway. That aside, someone attending their first game, deserves to be there every bit as much as someone attending their 1000th. They at least deserve a chance at a ticket.

Funnily enough, the folk that were attending more games were attending more games anyway. That aside, someone attending their first game, deserves to be there every bit as much as someone attending their 1000th. They at least deserve a chance at a ticket.
    ... so how do they GET a chance? Ballot?

Disagree with you on this. Comes up all the time but you never actually offer an alternative to the scheme.

Re the "membership". I have huge reservations about this. It appears that there are two levels of "membership" - £18 per month (Premium) and £12 (standard). For this you get a variety of "benefits" such as discount on season tickets (so if you give us an extra £216 a year, we'll give £40 off your season ticket? tempting), a personalised membership card (far better than yer season ticket), discount for hospitality, discount in the shop blah blah. The worst one though is "priority seating at the new stadium".

It seems to have taken over from Black and Gold (will B&G still be available?) as being everything the prestige-seeking fan would wish for.

Must admit - it doesn't do anything for me. I buy my season ticket, programme sub, red bleeding lottery, gnomes for the bloody garden, club merchandise wherever possible, travel to all games - I think I've done enough for the cause without banging in an extra 216 pension pounds.

Think they would have been better and more truthful in asking folk to bang in a few pounds a month with NO benefits attached.

I wont be taking up their offer.

Quote Originally Posted by cougared View Post
    ... so how do they GET a chance? Ballot?

Disagree with you on this. Comes up all the time but you never actually offer an alternative to the scheme.

Re the "membership". I have huge reservations about this. It appears that there are two levels of "membership" - £18 per month (Premium) and £12 (standard). For this you get a variety of "benefits" such as discount on season tickets (so if you give us an extra £216 a year, we'll give £40 off your season ticket? tempting), a personalised membership card (far better than yer season ticket), discount for hospitality, discount in the shop blah blah. The worst one though is "priority seating at the new stadium".

It seems to have taken over from Black and Gold (will B&G still be available?) as being everything the prestige-seeking fan would wish for.

Must admit - it doesn't do anything for me. I buy my season ticket, programme sub, red bleeding lottery, gnomes for the bloody garden, club merchandise wherever possible, travel to all games - I think I've done enough for the cause without banging in an extra 216 pension pounds.

Think they would have been better and more truthful in asking folk to bang in a few pounds a month with NO benefits attached.

I wont be taking up their offer.
    I always offer up an alternative. Go back to the system that worked for years & didn’t promote a tier system within the support. None of the folk were going every week were missing out. THEY WERE GOING EVERY WEEK (just highlighting that as this always escapes the folk defending the points system)

Any season ticket on here ever missed out on a game you wanted to go to?

I always offer up an alternative. Go back to the system that worked for years & didn’t promote a tier system within the support. None of the folk were going every week were missing out. THEY WERE GOING EVERY WEEK (just highlighting that as this always escapes the folk defending the points system)

Whats the issue then? If those that always go get to go anyway.

Yes, there's have been occasions where despite having enough points for the top tier, I've not been available or quick enough to get tickets.
    It might be easier if the club would just deduct my account for every game and save me having to log on for each game (to be honest not that I make every away game).

The problem with "the system that worked for years" (which you dont explain - you just write that it worked for years) is, I'm assuming, just that everybody who wants a ticket for a particular match phones up the ticket office or buys it onlline.

This system wont work any more as the demand for tickets for eg Tynecastle, Easter Road, Ibrox, Parkhead is MORE than the ticket allocation given - so how do you decide who gets tickets?

Whats the issue then? If those that always go get to go anyway.
    You either don’t understand the point of the loyalty scheme or how it works. I’m f*cked if I’m explaining it to you.

Yes - didnae get a ticket for Ibrox title decider when feckin eeedjits I worked with were bumming how they had got a ticket cos they sold raffle tickets to the ferkin eedjits in the ticket office.

Yes, there's have been occasions where despite having enough points for the top tier, I've not been available or quick enough to get tickets.
    I think you’re talking shyte.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast