+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: AFC Membership scheme

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post

But I'm f'ucked if I agree with " membership" which basically means the richest get the best chance of a ticket.
    Until more details come out, I’m thinking this is like the FoH at Hearts.
    Over 8000 pay a contribution monthly, generating over £1m (not sure of the exact figure).
    Not all season ticket holders / supporters contribute.

So those willing and able to put more into the club have a way of doing so and allows those that can’t afford not to.
    Season tickets are frozen, this is a way to increase revenue and protect those who may be struggling to pay for a season ticket to maintain the price

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Until more details come out, I’m thinking this is like the FoH at Hearts.
    Over 8000 pay a contribution monthly, generating over £1m (not sure of the exact figure).
    Not all season ticket holders / supporters contribute.

So those willing and able to put more into the club have a way of doing so and allows those that can’t afford not to.
    Season tickets are frozen, this is a way to increase revenue and protect those who may be struggling to pay for a season ticket to maintain the price
    So no-one knows what it is and can't comment...except you?

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    So the club try something new to generate additional revenue. No actual details until next week, but already we are giving it grief.

No-one will be forced to join, just as no-one is forced to buy a season ticket. Different strokes for different folks. At least wait until the details are out before we write it off as elitist or ****e.

I presume we all want AFC to progress. In today’s world, that means, like it or not, generating additional revenue. One of the main sources of income is the fanbase, so the club should definitely explore that option.

Plenty of exiled AFC fans around the world who may see this as a good way of helping the club they love.

The details ARE out already. The club has been phoning people with high LP totals and sending them information in order to persuade them to become "founders" - the first 150 that sign up get a special "founders" pack. There is also an "international" membership for folk living abroad. It includes what I presume is a free match ticket for "homecoming".

You keep saying it’ll be like the Hearts Foundation. I’ll be suprised if Milne will be willing to offer up part ownership of the club to the fans. We’ll see when the finer details come out, although I like how you’re ignoring the detail known already.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    So no-one knows what it is and can't comment...except you?
    Lol, evening stalker.
    If you keep up you’ll see that there’s been plenty of comments and I said I’d reserve judgement until the details are formally released.
    I also just said how I am looking at this until the details are released.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    You keep saying it’ll be like the Hearts Foundation. I’ll be suprised if Milne will be willing to offer up part ownership of the club to the fans. We’ll see when the finer details come out, although I like how you’re ignoring the detail known already.
    How can I ignore what I’ve yet to see
    Love how your twisting the ignorant part after it was labelled at You earlier.

Incidentally, I did not say it WILL be like the FoH, just making similarities.
    Certainly I expect there to be difference, but you choose to ignore the similarities in additional revenue generation

How can I ignore what I’ve yet to see
    You’re connected to the internet just now. Run along & have a look at the info which AFC have had up for a day now

Quote Originally Posted by cougared View Post
    The details ARE out already. The club has been phoning people with high LP totals and sending them information in order to persuade them to become "founders" - the first 150 that sign up get a special "founders" pack. There is also an "international" membership for folk living abroad. It includes what I presume is a free match ticket for "homecoming".
    So can you give us a link then. Obviously I am not a top red, as I see nothing on the AFC website. I am not being funny, I genuinely would like to see more details.

Quote Originally Posted by cougared View Post
    What is "homecoming" ?

Lol, evening stalker.
    If you keep up you’ll see that there’s been plenty of comments and I said I’d reserve judgement until the details are formally released.
    I also just said how I am looking at this until the details are released.
    Good evening you massive chunt. The details are pretty much out there. If they included infecting everyone with aids you'd probably back it.

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast