+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Argentina v Italy

Argentina v Italy

Off to this one at the Etihad tomorrow with the youngest. Bargain at £30 for me and £10 for her.
    Will be selling Messi autographs at very good rates thereafter.
    Will post match report when I get home.

Should be a great experience for the young un mate, something to remember for the rest of her life. Hope she enjoys it as much as I did seeing Pele play at ‎Hillsborough when I was a kid.
    If you get close enough to Messi after the game can you do me a favour and accidentally tread on his foot. We play Barca at home on the 31st and then again in the cup final next month
    Shame you wont get to see Gianluigi Buffon though, another legend.

I splashed out myself yesterday, queued up and got a ticket for the away leg of the CL quarter final v Bayern, got home and booked my trip to Munich. It's costing me an arm an a leg but I don't think I'll ever get the chance again to see my other team play in the allianz arena.

Have a good night.
    Last edited by biri; 22-03-2018 at 11:16 PM.

Cheers mate. Yes she will love it,as will I and yes it is a great shame about Buffon.
    I too was at the Sty when Pele and Santos played. We had to do a classworl detention the day before to be allowed the afternoon off to go the the game. That was at High Storrs. I've still got the match programme.
    Good luck against Bavarias finest. It's not cut and dried as Sevilla have an amazing European pedigree. I'm there in September and hope to catch a game,more chance of a ticket if Betis are home I feel. Will know when the fixtures come out in July.

which santos game was it sbt ? i was taken by my uncle in 62 for the night game for my 11th birthday in south stand at pigsbro wonderful night for an 11 year old seing pele think couthinio got a hat trick and pele scored with a fantastic pen at kop end just slammed it past ron springett who never moved

I went to the 62 game Shoreham
    Went to the Grand Hotel to get their autographs when they arrived from the airport
    To be honest it took time to recognise which player was Pele
    Gave the autographs away along with the 66 squad etc
    Probably have fetched a pound or two now

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    which santos game was it sbt ? i was taken by my uncle in 62 for the night game for my 11th birthday in south stand at pigsbro wonderful night for an 11 year old seing pele think couthinio got a hat trick and pele scored with a fantastic pen at kop end just slammed it past ron springett who never moved

I was at the one in the 70's mate. Still in nappies in 62. Probably need them again soon. Heavy sigh!!!

Had a brilliant time at the Etihad. Decent drive over,parked a 5 minute walk from the stadium ,free street parking adjacent to a wonderful Italian restaurant I discovered via google and thinking ahead thought Mmm Italy are playing,could be busy,so reserved a table which turned out to be an inspired move. The place was packed with wonderful proper football fans all eating,drinking and all talking to each other no matter where they had travelled from,who their home team was or who they were supporting tonight.
    NOT ONE F U C K TA RD ON A MOBILE. It was fantastic. It was CONVERSATION. My daughter loved it, but then she isn't a social media addicted mong like so many. The owner and staff at this place were superb. Great food,great service and crazy low prices,(as is petrol round there,£1.12 a ltr unleaded)

Gentle stroll to the ground. Front row seats just to the left of the goal south stand. Caught a ball, (first time ever in 50 years at games) and returned it to Buffon. Had a bit of wee come out! Yes it was a friendly and yes the intensity wasn't there but the skill levels and comfort on the ball over the pitch were a delight all night. Highlights being the young junior football team behind us getting a full on Mexican wave going; Buffon and Cabellero great masterclasses;the loud but good spirited booing when the Argentine subs warmed up as Messi wasn't among them;and the understandable chants for the maestro.
    Higuin was disappointing,Di Maria brilliant.

Absolute banging value night out.
    Match tickets £40in total for both; great meal in great Italian £20; special memorable night with my amazing youngest FU C K ING PRICELESS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SBT, a new career soon as a roving reporter?

Nice, but I don't agree about front row seats at all.....bad in any stadium for watching the actual play IMO.

Glad your daughter made a life long memory.

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    Had a brilliant time at the Etihad. Decent drive over,parked a 5 minute walk from the stadium ,free street parking adjacent to a wonderful Italian restaurant I discovered via google and thinking ahead thought Mmm Italy are playing,could be busy,so reserved a table which turned out to be an inspired move. The place was packed with wonderful proper football fans all eating,drinking and all talking to each other no matter where they had travelled from,who their home team was or who they were supporting tonight.
    NOT ONE F U C K TA RD ON A MOBILE. It was fantastic. It was CONVERSATION. My daughter loved it, but then she isn't a social media addicted mong like so many. The owner and staff at this place were superb. Great food,great service and crazy low prices,(as is petrol round there,£1.12 a ltr unleaded)

Gentle stroll to the ground. Front row seats just to the left of the goal south stand. Caught a ball, (first time ever in 50 years at games) and returned it to Buffon. Had a bit of wee come out! Yes it was a friendly and yes the intensity wasn't there but the skill levels and comfort on the ball over the pitch were a delight all night. Highlights being the young junior football team behind us getting a full on Mexican wave going; Buffon and Cabellero great masterclasses;the loud but good spirited booing when the Argentine subs warmed up as Messi wasn't among them;and the understandable chants for the maestro.
    Higuin was disappointing,Di Maria brilliant.

Absolute banging value night out.
    Match tickets £40in total for both; great meal in great Italian £20; special memorable night with my amazing youngest FU C K ING PRICELESS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Glad ya both had a good neet Sean,perhaps Herby and the BLUT choir would be interested in doin the BDBL wave to help wi the "atmosphere" at BDBL. UTCB

I just can't help wondering what would happen if say England and Germany played a friendly in one of the larger Argentinian citys.

Glad to hear you had a great time watching the enemy SBT.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast