+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Match Ratings V Chesterfield

Match Ratings V Chesterfield

Didn't go , thank fcuk but watched in on Sky .
    The ***ing lot a big fat zero.
    Hawkridge , ***ing useless , a minus 10, possibly the worst footballer I have ever seen at Notts. Not even Sunday league standard.
    Last edited by navypie; 25-03-2018 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Sorry Hawkridge , fciuking useless , a minus 10, possibly the worst footballer I have ever seen at Notts
    Not by a long chalk, but I understand the verdict in a moment of frustration!

As gutless a performance I have ever seen.

Hawkridge , ***ing useless , a minus 10, possibly the worst footballer I have ever seen at Notts. Not even Sunday league standard.
    Agreed navy.
    Had to work.
    But watched on tv.
    Gutless
    But will be attending Friday “with hope”
    As usual

Check my ratings Navy... have written exactly the same thing about Hawkridge

The fcuking lot a big fat zero.
    Sorry Hawkridge , fciuking useless , a minus 10, possibly the worst footballer I have ever seen at Notts
    Very difficult to rate any Notts players, when quite frankly everyone of them played well below par.
    Tootle and Dicko both looked shaky all match....why is Jones sat on the bench every week?
    Midfield duo of Hewey and Nobsa ineffective, but were being bypassed all the time anyway, by the long ball to Shola who is simply completely devoid of pace.....Stead, Hawk and Grant ran around chasing shadows.

Every single team in L2 has now figured us out....we refuse to play the ball through midfield and merely pump it long....it is too easy to defend against seemingly our only plan.

It is getting silly when Barnet and Chessy can both beat us, despite looking adrift at the bottom.

The time~wasting and lack of urgency is driving me bonkers.....all is not lost.....but we are making hard work of even hanging onto a play~off spot.

Summary, well beaten by a team in dire trouble....who simply wanted it more than us....sort it out Nolo, please.

A few weeks ago I mentioned that we lack pace throughout the side, Hawkridge is a glorified pub player, the defence is flat footed and Stead had gone off the boil, falls over too much and too many moves break down with him failing to control the ball or simply losing it. Someone replied, can;t remember who and couldn't care less, that my post and my opinion were "nonsense".

I rest my case, the last few games have more than confirmed that my view at the time was correct.

As for Nolan - well the comments that he is "over rated" in many quarters are, unequivocally, correct. The bloke is raw and, clearly, has some potential but is far from the finished article. Too often he demonstrates has little imagination, an out dated and one dimensional idea about how the game should be played & he consistently (not surprisingly) falls into the Allardyce trap of publicly berating the players for not delivering and talking in the 3rd person or saying trite one liners like "that's not us". To be fair, he does accept responsibility for defeats and pledges to address the situation - sadly, that is where he is struggling and seems to lack the wherewithal in my view.

Just listening to Thommo on the radio - telling us how far we have come - well, we have gone from 1st to 4th in a relatively short time. the play offs look to be the target now and I'm not sure that we have the ability to hang on to that as it stands. Friday will tell how good we are - anything less than a win and we are well & truly on the ropes and reeling.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Very difficult to rate any Notts players, when quite frankly everyone of them played well below par.
    Tootle and Dicko both looked shaky all match....why is Jones sat on the bench every week?
    Midfield duo of Hewey and Nobsa ineffective, but were being bypassed all the time anyway, by the long ball to Shola who is simply completely devoid of pace.....Stead, Hawk and Grant ran around chasing shadows.

Every single team in L2 has now figured us out....we refuse to play the ball through midfield and merely pump it long....it is too easy to defend against seemingly our only plan.

It is getting silly when Barnet and Chessy can both beat us, despite looking adrift at the bottom.

The time~wasting and lack of urgency is driving me bonkers.....all is not lost.....but we are making hard work of even hanging onto a play~off spot.

Summary, well beaten by a team in dire trouble....who simply wanted it more than us....sort it out Nolo, please.
    ......and the match stats pretty much bear out my summary.....Chessy had 56% possession, 15 shots v 6, 6 on target v 2....and 8 corners v 4........we are rarely ever going to win a match with only 2 shots on target....simple as.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post

Yeah tarks , why the fcuk is Jones sat on the bench whilst that clodhopper Dickhead is getting a game ! I am so mad I might kick the dog . Only joking !

Yeah tarks , why the fcuk is Jones sat on the bench whilst that clodhopper Dickhead is getting a game ! I am so mad I might kick the dog . Only joking !
    ....and we also need to sit Shola on the bench on Friday, ideally with Forte starting despite being out of favor with Nolo....if not Forte, then Aless with Stead or even one of the young lads.....if it does not work, then bring Shola on with 30 minutes to go......he looks completely knackered and it has gotten worse as the season has progressed IMO

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast