+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any chance of Shola going to the World Cup?

Quote Originally Posted by nay123 View Post
    Could you imagine notts front two 34/35 year old playing at Wembley in a play of final could be very bad afternoon watching.
    Why??

Could you imagine notts front two 34/35 year old playing at Wembley in a play of final could be very bad afternoon watching.
    It would be very tedious just waiting for the ball to come back down from outer space. If for some miracle we ever got to Wembley..
    Last edited by durhampie; 24-03-2018 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsy ke View Post
    Why??
    because its a big pitch and both are knackered

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    Attachment 8939

I notice that Nigeria have qualified for the World Cup. And last time they qualified (Brazil 2014) Shola Ameobi was in their squad and made two appearances from the bench. He hasn't actually appeared for them since 2014, but do we think there's any chance the big man might be a last minute addition to their squad this year..?
    TBH, I think that there is slightly more chance of me appearing at the World Cup & I believe that my Passport has expired.

because its a big pitch and both are knackered
    Do you go to games? If you did you would realise Stead probably covers more distance than any other player, to be honest comments like you’ve made make me embarrassed to
    Be a Notts supporter.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Do you go to games? If you did you would realise Stead probably covers more distance than any other player, to be honest comments like you’ve made make me embarrassed to
    Be a Notts supporter.
    I also find comments like "because its a big pitch and both are knackered" hard to understand. Neither are long term prospects, but neither are knackered. Stead and Shola have provided by some way one of the better striking options we've had in the last few seasons, and far too many 'fans' are fixated on their age. Their goalscoring record may not be spectacular, but when the names of Jon Stead and Shola Ameobi appear on the opposition teamsheet, I don't think many League 2 defenders will think they are in for an easy game.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Be a Notts supporter.
    I go to games but don't wear black and white blinkers both are good players stead never gives up but after 60 mins they are out on there feet I put that down to age don't be embarrassed with the truth mate.

I go to games but don't wear black and white blinkers both are good players stead never gives up but after 60 mins they are out on there feet I put that down to age don't be embarrassed with the truth mate.
    It’s not a case of being blinkered, it’s about seeing what’s really out there, Stead covers more ground and links up play probably more than any other player. The table shows we are 4th, with the 3rd best goal difference with eight games to go. We have the squad we have, instead of knocking the team appreciate what we have and enjoy the rest of the season.

One things for sure, it seems the team has the opposition supporters against us, and a section of our own supporters against them.its truely embarrassing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12