+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: News letter - incredible line

They got support today, they didn't get booed at ht and got fair applause ft because there was improvement and effort despite a poor result at home, they also got vocal backing at times as well, if they performed like the previous two games they would get deserved boos

Well i've only just read the quote, and haven't seen it in context of the whole article, and I know folk are rightly p1ssed off with the club just now, but I genuinely don't get the hyperbole around it. It reminds me of the mass hysteria on here after Houston's leaving press conference when people were acting like he had slighted the club and wanted to burn effigies of him, merely for expressing his concerns.

I genuinely don't think the Newsletters intentions are to have a go at or patronise the fans, and that certainly isn't my reading of it. I think a more likely scenario is that after 3 years of having to sound enthusiastic about rubbish football and selling a duff product, the writer is trying to come up with a fresh angle to promote the match. In his official capacity he can hardly come out and say 'we're sh1te, see you Saturday.'

Let's face it, the club is broken/toxic at the moment, and people are likely to interpret what comes out from the club through the prism of their views.

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    Well i've only just read the quote, and haven't seen it in context of the whole article, and I know folk are rightly p1ssed off with the club just now, but I genuinely don't get the hyperbole around it. It reminds me of the mass hysteria on here after Houston's leaving press conference when people were acting like he had slighted the club and wanted to burn effigies of him, merely for expressing his concerns.

I genuinely don't think the Newsletters intentions are to have a go at or patronise the fans, and that certainly isn't my reading of it. I think a more likely scenario is that after 3 years of having to sound enthusiastic about rubbish football and selling a duff product, the writer is trying to come up with a fresh angle to promote the match. In his official capacity he can hardly come out and say 'we're sh1te, see you Saturday.'

Let's face it, the club is broken/toxic at the moment, and people are likely to interpret what comes out from the club through the prism of their views.
    Agreed. I read and thought the same. Maybe in hindsight he would have reworded it but it's not like he said the Beatles are more popular than Jesus.

What formation was it today and was Luggy on the touchline or in the dugout?

Dundee United are more popular than the God? Great I can burn my season ticket in protest!

No sign of Luggy.

3-4-1-2, wing-backs Ralston and Robson, slight improvement on recent games but that no real comfort, Laszlo after the injuries to Fraser/Fyvie still this late on in the season changing personnel/tactics game to game hoping to stumble on a winning formula.

Luggy was in the stands

Quote Originally Posted by B4 i go View Post
    Ok me first, ive gave up on my team . There ive said it. Wisna any harder than saying i drink like furyk. Apart from the ELITE get it oot yere system feels much better.
    Forgot there was even a game tonight thats how much ive given up! Cant just CANT be the only one lost complete interest. So wish it wasent the case but this seasons about the golf now.

Nah mate, won't ever happen. Not going to claim it's not difficult though. This just gets worse and worse...

I see they've dropped the author of last week's newsletter intro.

The community trust boyo does it.

About the only positive thing with the words Dundee and United attached to it these days.

Och I’d buy a season ticket just to watch the grass grow, aye it’s been mostly sh*te this season but couldn’t do with out the crack with my mates at the games, especially the away days with the best bunch of Shed boys and girls I’ve ever known. Big to all of them

FTD4life
    Last edited by ahlltanyirhide; 30-03-2018 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Had to share the love

Great, now the new letter having a go at supporters who doubted big Mohsni

F uck me. Whats with the digs at the supporters ffs

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)