+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alistair Borthwick

Alistair Borthwick

Seen on Ceres Arabs twitter they have an article from one of the rags. Seems the man is worth a few bob or twa.

https://twitter.com/CeresArabs

Any possibility he could buy us over?

Head of Global Investments at Bank of America / Merrill Lynch, and is a multi millionaire. From West of Scotland but got United bug whilst at St Andrews Uni.

Could DU foundation and FU contact him to discuss a possible takeover consisting of him and the fans?

If and this is an if, we get promoted via the play offs this year, this guy and the fans take over at the helm, I reckon seaon ticket sales would sky rocket and this doom and gloom around the club would lift.

The fans taking over is the stuff of nightmares, makes the status quo seem very appealing

We do need someone with funds though if there is to be a replacement for ST

Man must be mental , Investing with that neep in charge

Quote Originally Posted by ianharab View Post
    Man must be mental , Investing with that neep in charge
    I suspect he is not mental. I would hazard a guess that he is smarter and more successful than most of us on here. I also suspect that his plan would be to purchase the shares of ST rather than leaving ST as majority shareholder. Just some thoughts though I'm sure you must be right....

If true then I’ve said before hallelujah!

Crack open the champagne if it’s true and he takes over.

Best owner is a good owner.

Few places where fan ownership has worked and usually it is a disaster. Becomes about the personality clashes amongst the fans and not about what is best for club.

Fingers crossed this guy takes over. Hard to imagine a better possible owner for us

Quote Originally Posted by Arab87 View Post
    Could DU foundation and FU contact him to discuss a possible takeover consisting of him and the fans?

If and this is an if, we get promoted via the play offs this year, this guy and the fans take over at the helm, I reckon seaon ticket sales would sky rocket and this doom and gloom around the club would lift.
    Yesterday you posted THIS

We have new owners, ST's shares is all but sold, debt will be cleared and further investment will follow. Give it a few weeks. Patience lad. The future's bright.

Now you're suggesting we should contact him to see if he's interested??

I don’t think he should be contacted. Let him buy in - don’t want people hassling him before his time at the club has even begun.

If this one single rumour is true then when he has actually bought the club then that would seem the right time for any fans group to be invited to consult, not before

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    I don’t think he should be contacted. Let him buy in - don’t want people hassling him before his time at the club has even begun.

If this one single rumour is true then when he has actually bought the club then that would seem the right time for any fans group to be invited to consult, not before
    LS I'm asking Arab87 why he posted yesterday that it was all but done, yet today he's posting that maybe we should contact him to see if he's interested.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)