+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: News letter - incredible line

This club seen fit to give Jim Spence a job so no -its not surprising

WHAT A F**KING SHAMBLES OF A CLUB

get that Thompson name down from the stand -call it the East stand again please.

Wait a minute guys, you've got this all wrong.

Put it back in context and all that's being said is exactly what's being said in workplaces/pubs/forums since Tuesday.

I've spent the days since Tuesday persuading fellow Arabs to attend the Dunfermline game cos so many were talking about giving it a miss this week.

I would have written exactly the same as the newsletter, come on lads & lasses, let's not give up, the team need the fans more than ever & that's what fans are meant to do.

If we'd got that fifth goal on Tuesday the mood would be so different, the dividing lines are very thin & perhaps today we'll see the beginning of a renaissance, that's what my Arab blood tells me.

Please give the line in the newsletter a break, it is neither absurd nor patronising, it's just a fellow diehard Arab putting out a clarion call. Let's all respond, we're Arabs, not mugs.

UTID.

Quote Originally Posted by SmedDUm View Post

Put it back in context and all that's being said is exactly what's being said in workplaces/pubs/forums since Tuesday.

I've spent the days since Tuesday persuading fellow Arabs to attend the Dunfermline game cos so many were talking about giving it a miss this week.

I would have written exactly the same as the newsletter, come on lads & lasses, let's not give up, the team need the fans more than ever & that's what fans are meant to do.

If we'd got that fifth goal on Tuesday the mood would be so different, the dividing lines are very thin & perhaps today we'll see the beginning of a renaissance, that's what my Arab blood tells me.

Please give the line in the newsletter a break, it is neither absurd nor patronising, it's just a fellow diehard Arab putting out a clarion call. Let's all respond, we're Arabs, not mugs.

UTID.
    Not wanting to get on my high horse, but I think the point is that an acknowledgment that recent months have been scheite, that the support has been incredibly understanding and still turning out in numbers and that this is very much appreciated would be in order. I suspect that this was the intention, but to say this 'official 'request' is badly worded is an understatement.

This reminds me of the worst manager in our history, who had the audacity to fine his players for failing to entertain the fans for the full 90 minutes after sitting back after 60 minutes, when they were 7-nil up against Killie! Shame on him. He blamed the players, not the fans. He had the crazy idea that the fans worked hard all week and were paying to be entertained. Imagine having such an unstable mind that you would think the fans had a right to be entertained?

What would be the difference if the Council expected you to turn up at the sewage works and pay to watch your waste being processed?
    Last edited by RAM1971; 24-03-2018 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM1971 View Post
    This reminds me of the worst manager in our history, who had the audacity to fine his players for failing to entertain the fans for the full 90 minutes after sitting back after 60 minutes, when they were 7-nil up against Killie! Shame on him. He blamed the players, not the fans. He had the crazy idea that the fans worked hard all week and were paying to be entertained. Imagine having such an unstable mind that you would think the fans had a right to be entertained?

What would be the difference if the Council expected you to turn up at the sewage works and pay to watch your waste being processed?
    To be picky RAM it was actually the 6-1 1981 Scottish Cup Quarter Final annihilation of Motherwell when said event happened, but the ethos of your quote is bang on. I found it hilarious on Tuesday night when the players were running about waving their arms to 'encourage' the support to get behind them after each United goal. Which we did. The result? They sat back, let QOS get another goal and subsequently lost the match. So I guess that was 'our fault' then.
    Last edited by JamesMcClean; 24-03-2018 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SmedDUm View Post

UTID.
    No, I'm afraid you've got it wrong. Nobody needs to beg me or guilt me into being at Tannadice today because I'll be there anyway. However for an official newsletter to spout p1sh like that after the 3 years we have had to endure, that is patronising bullsh1t.

Ok me first, ive gave up on my team . There ive said it. Wisna any harder than saying i drink like furyk. Apart from the ELITE get it oot yere system feels much better.

Im resigned to another year in the chumpionship, but ive not given up on my team yet! Think that is a key point about Tannadice Street just now.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Im resigned to another year in the chumpionship, but ive not given up on my team yet! Think that is a key point about Tannadice Street just now.
    Me too...ive made peace that Ill be watching Utd play in the championship next season but I havent and wont give up on United.
    sat through the game today listening to the boys behind me moan and say they're not coming back next year to watch a 'mid table championship side'...well ken what - do that, but stay away when we do get back up.

Nobodys happy about the situation...far from it, but the boys that are too stuck up to support our team in times trouble can GTF in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrennixon View Post
    Me too...ive made peace that Ill be watching Utd play in the championship next season but I havent and wont give up on United.
    sat through the game today listening to the boys behind me moan and say they're not coming back next year to watch a 'mid table championship side'...well ken what - do that, but stay away when we do get back up.

Nobodys happy about the situation...far from it, but the boys that are too stuck up to support our team in times trouble can GTF in my opinion.
    Good post. Supporters support through thick AND thin. Older posters like GB and me and some others on here can remember pre 1965 times when we were underdogs. OK I accept times have changed and people have more Saturday activity options now, and I accept that entry is more expensive now for PATG fans especially.

I didn't start supporting United because they were getting great results, I started supporting because I became passionate about the Club. Yes, I realise that the Club has been, possibly continues to be toxic in terms of its management, but I support the concept of Dundee United and if I lived in the area I would still be going along to shout my support, no matter what quality is on display. I never booed a United player or performance in all my time, and it's a very negative development that this happens. It doesn't help the players, so how can it help the club?

Some so called supporters need to have a good look at themselves, get a brand new attitude. Things will get better at some point, but what the players need now is support not empty stands, and that opinion stands whether some are giving 100% or not. Just my opinion, some will disagree, you're entitled to.
    Last edited by stokearab; 24-03-2018 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Forgot FTD

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)